Date   
OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes

Xing Yang
 

Thanks everyone for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri v0.6.1 release status:

    • Fujitsu driver is backported to stable/capri.

    • Installer bug about Grafana is fixed and backported.

    • Need to re-cut Sushi v0.6.1 with updated Hotpot - Erik

    • Need to update wiki for Grafana - Anvith/Joseph

    • Sanil to provide a VM in India

    • Review issues reported

    • v0.6.1 for other repos are cut.

  • Design reviews

  • Development status

    • [Haibo] Split CSI fileshare and block plugin (because DeleteVolume CSI interface does not have profile info so we don’t know whether it is fileshare or block); Haibo to submit a spec.

    • [Click2Cloud] Working on Ceph replication. Will submit PR soon.


Thanks,
Xing


On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 9:09 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

Time: July 11, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or July 12, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

Time: July 11, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or July 12, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Re: OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

  • KubeCon Shanghai

    • Mini-summit

      • Pravin gave an update of the mini-summit in Shanghai.  There were 60-70 attendees at the mini-summit. There were simultaneous translation between Chinese and English because speakers were speaking in either English or Chinese.  It worked well!

      • Sanil and Leon gave project presentations.  Jerry and Shufang showed demos.

      • Yahoo! JAPAN, Toyota, and Linbit were there.

      • Booth had good traffic.

    • Xing gave a Keynote, a session on CNCF Storage SIG, and a session on Anomaly Detection for Cloud Native Storage with Takei-san.

    • Shufang and Shane had a session on OpenSDS project update.

  • Capri release

  • Development status

    • We are going to deprecate “development” branch. All open PRs should be submitted to master branch instead.  Any bug fixes to Capri will be merged to master first and then cherry-picked to stable/capri.

    • Click2Cloud presented on Ceph replication.  Will implement volume replication driver interface next.  Will submit a design PR to design-specs repo.


Thanks,
Xing


On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 9:45 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - June 18, 2019

Xing Yang
 

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Xing Yang <xingyang105@...>
Date: Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 12:59 PM
Subject: OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - June 18, 2019
To: <opensds-tech-discuss@...>


Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Development status

    • We are in the process of cutting Capri RC3.  If testing is okay, this will become the final Capri release.

    • NVMeoF TCP/IP support in CSI: There are still issues during testing.  May not make the final release. We’ll backport the fix when it is ready.

    • Fujitsu driver is planned to be submitted on 6/27. We’ll backport it after it is merged.

    • Host-based Replication Driver for Scutech Cloud Migration System (CMS) is submitted and merged!  It supports create, enable, disable, delete replication interface.

    • Thin OpenSDS is merged into a separate branch (https://github.com/opensds/opensds/tree/thin-opensds) as an experimental feature.  Click2Cloud will test it and document how to use it.

    • Object lifecycle: Restore API for Glacier will not be in Capri.  Although code for Restore API is complete, we need to be able to show status because it takes a very long time to restore.

    • Automation & Orchestration installation needs to be tested with other repos.

    • Fileshare CSI support needs Hotpot release before it can be tested and merged.

    • Fileshare support is testing in progress.

    • Anomaly Detection’s Alert Generation will be added after Capri release.

    • Telemetry is done and documentation submitted.

  • Demo preparation for KubeCon Shanghai

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions


Note: Next week's meeting will be canceled due to KubeCon Shanghai.

Thanks,
Xing


On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 11:04 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Re: This is a test

Sanil Kumar
 

Test mail received.
- 
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"


On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:20 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - June 13, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri RC2 is cut.

  • Development status

    • NVMeoF - There are problems testing RDMA in container environment so it is not ready yet. Submitted PR to support TCP/IP and will use that for demo.

    • Fujitsu driver - Review is complete. Will submit the driver on 6/27.

    • Thin OpenSDS - not ready to be merged in Capri. Consider whether we should make it an experimental feature in a different branch.

    • Object lifecycle:

      • Restore object API and HEAD API PRs are review in progress.  

      • Design doc needs an update on GCP and IBM object store

        • Need feedback from IBM engineer on whether migration between storage tiers in the same cloud is supported on IBM cloud.

        • GCP upload limitation: 1GB

        • GCP only support Standard Storage Class

    • Helm install with Ceph PR still not merged.

    • Orchestration & automation: installation is WIP.

    • CSI: Fileshare CSI support PR submitted.

    • Fileshare code complete.  End-to-end test WIP. Manila driver merged.

    • Telemetry

      • Volume level metrics for Ceph PR merged (only capacity)

      • Dashboard and installer integration is WIP

      • Naju will put together a doc on how to test Telemetry using LVM.

    • Anomaly detection

      • Need to implement Generate alert.

      • Other planned features are merged.

  • Demo preparation for KubeCon Shanghai

  • Design reviews

    • [Click2Cloud] Did a high level overview of replication for Ceph design.

      • Action Item: Review replication driver interfaces and see whether they can be implemented for Ceph.

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html


Thanks,
Xing


On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 11:27 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: June 13, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or June 14, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

This is a test

Xing Yang
 


OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: June 13, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or June 14, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Japan EUAC mtg

Kei Kusunoki
 

Japan OpenSDSさんがあなたを予約されたZoomミーティングに招待しています。

トピック: OpenSDS Japan EUAC conf call
時間: Jun 6, 2019 2:00 PM 大阪、札幌、東京

Zoom
ミーティングに参加する
https://zoom.us/j/884058938

ワンタップモバイル機器
+81345781488,,884058938#
日本
+81524564439,,884058938#
日本

所在地でダイアル
        +81 3 4578 1488
日本
        +81 524 564 439
日本
        +1 669 900 6833
米国 (サンノゼ)
        +1 929 436 2866
米国 (ニューヨーク)
ミーティングID: 884 058 938
市内番号を検索: https://zoom.us/u/aSisauzW3

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - June 4, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri RC1 is cut.

  • Development status

    • NVMeoF CSI support

      • Issues not resolved yet

    • Fujitsu driver

      • Code complete.  Waiting for approval to submit PR.

    • Object lifecycle

      • Neelam is addressing comments on restore API PR (status of restore, for long running restore process).

      • User defined tier is not in scope for Capri.

    • Click2Cloud

      • Add volume level metrics for Ceph, only capacity (WIP)

      • Thin OpenSDS (Address comments and get it merged in Capri)

      • Helm chart with Ceph (address comments and get it merged in Capri)

    • Automation & Orchestration

      • Installation and dashboard integration is WIP

    • CSI

      • No resize PR yet

    • File share

      • e2e testing

        • Manual testing done with dashboard and postman API.

        • WIP - auto testing

      • Manila driver PR not submitted yet

    • Anomaly detection

      • Data Generator is done.  Need integration testing and documentation.

    • Telemetry

      • Installation and dashboard integration is WIP

      • Need documentation.

    • Action Item for Leon: Check with legal on copyright issue

  • Demo preparation for KubeCon Shanghai

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions



Thanks,
Xing


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 2:55 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Japan EUAC mtg

Kei Kusunoki
 

TBD:Zoom Link

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 30, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.


Agenda/Notes:

  • Anvith, Sanil, and Kei gave a recap of OpenSDS mini-summit in Barcelona.

  • Development status

    • Github download issue? - Not a problem if the repo is publicly available.

    • RC status - Still testing.  Cut RC1 on June 3.

    • HPE Nimble driver is merged!  Kei said he can use it in the POC for Capri.

    • Fujitsu driver is code complete.  Waiting to get approval to submit PR.

    • NVMeoF CSI support may be delayed due to problems run into while testing RDMA with containers

    • Leon will add comments for Thin OpenSDS implementation regarding having one interface for both controller and dock (future enhancement). Existing PR can be merged by RC1.

    • Object lifecycle restore API PR is submitted.  Neelam will sync up with Shufang.

    • Automation and Orchestration: installation and dashboard integration are work in progress.

    • CSI topology support is merged.  Resize has not been started.

    • File share NFS driver is merged.  Manila driver is code complete and being tested.  CSI support is WIP.

    • Anomaly Detection Data Parser is done.  Jiajun will work on Data Generator. Integration testing is not done yet.  Need to provide documentation.

    • Telemetry: installation and dashboard integration are work in progress.  Need to provide documentation.

  • Demo preparation for KubeCon Shanghai

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions


Thanks,
Xing


On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 8:54 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 30, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 31, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 30, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 31, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 16, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thanks everyone for attending today's meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Please note that next week's meeting will be cancelled due to KubeCon.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Milestone-3 release is cut.

  • Development status

    • HPE Nimble driver is submitted

    • Fujitsu driver: Hiroki-san said driver implementation is complete. He is getting approval to submit the driver upstream. Need a couple of weeks.

      • Planned Capri GA date is mid June, a month away.  So please try to submit it as soon as possible,

    • NVMeoF CSI support: https://github.com/opensds/nbp/pull/215

      • Qiaowei: Please update the driver now that m-3 of hotpot is cut

      • Leon: Please follow up with Qiaowei

    • Thin OpenSDS:

    • Object lifecycle

      • Default storage tier PR and Put/Get/Delete API changes are merged

      • Dashboard integration is done

      • TODO: user defined storage tier and restore Glacier

    • Installer

    • Automation & Orchestration

    • File share

      • Access API, dock and controller for file share PRs are merged

      • NFS driver is code complete.  Need more testing. https://github.com/opensds/opensds/pull/741

      • CLI is done and review in progress

      • Dashboard integration is WIP

      • E2E testing and demo (WIP)

    • Telemetry

      • Many telemetry PRs have been merged, including APIs and controller changes.

      • Dashboard integration (WIP)

      • Installer (WIP)

    • Anomaly Detection

      • Read data from mysql database and run models is done

      • Data Parser is WIP

      • Prakash, Naju, and Jiajun have been working on collecting metrics and running models (WIP)

      • TODO: Data Generator

      • TODO: Installer

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html


Thanks,
Xing


On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:26 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 16, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 17, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 16, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 17, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 7, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri milestone 3 is this week.

  • Development update

    • Ceph Metrics driver

      • [Click2Cloud]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zD_jb2DEkuF2kp4WB-jWM01ex26fR6jN/view?usp=sharing

      • [Prakash] Issue and approach taken for CEPH metrics driver

      • Problem: The collect method in Ceph exporter cannot be used directly because it sends data directly to Prometheus. There’s “set” but no “get”.

      • Workaround: We need to write a method similar to collect in our Metrics driver for us to collect data.

      • Click2Cloud: target to complete by end of May.

    • [Click2Cloud] Thin OpenSDS: review in progress

    • [Click2Cloud] Helm install with Ceph: please check repo and rebase.

    • [Prakash/Naju] Telemetry: Post metrics PR will be updated soon. Will address volume instance ID issue and move to separate dock next.

    • [Shufang/Neelam] Object lifecycle: PRs being reviewed. Work done on default storage tiers and get/put APIs. Next work on user-defined storage tier and recovery API.

    • [Shruthi/Pravin] File share: PRs on file share and snapshot basic APIs are merged. PRs on profiles, etc. are in review.  PRs on access APIs and default NFS driver will be submitted soon.

    • [Xulin/Himanshu/Ashit] Automation & orchestration: Bucket migration workflow is done. Service listing and execution API is done. Provisioning workflow is partially done. PRs on service definition and other actions such as snapshot, extend are being reviewed.

    • [Anvith] Dashboard: integration and testing in progress

    • [Jiajun] Anomaly detection: Training/Prediction service for Gaussian and DBSCAN is done. Work on reading from mysql database next. Prakash/Naju will help with Data Generator and collect data from LVM metrics driver.

    • NVMeoF CSI support: PR submitted but depending on hotpot release to pass CI.

    • PRs need attention: Many PRs need to be reviewed.

  • Design discussions

    • [Click2Cloud] Interested in Block Storage migration. Will discuss in the next meeting.

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions


Thanks,
Xing




On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 12:10 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 2, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.


Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri milestone 3: the week of 5/6/19 to 5/10/19. Feature code needs to be merged.

  • Design reviews

    • [Xulin/Ashit] Orchestration workflow - Ashit gave a demo on Migrate Bucket workflow. He showed the service registration yaml file for migrate bucket and provision volume. Currently it is not customizable. After m-3, he will work on customizing workflows.

  • Development status

    • [Click2Cloud] Ceph Metrics driver - Use existing Ceph exporter for Prometheus. Don’t rewrite the code.  Write a metrics driver that uses the Ceph exporter. Our installer will install the Ceph exporter with Prometheus. The requirement is the exporter must be running for our Metrics driver to get data.

    • [Click2Cloud] Thin OpenSDS - PR submitted and in review.

    • [Prakash/Naju] Telemetry - Prakash will submit a new PR on Post and CollectMetrics and close the existing one because parts of the PR have already been merged in other PRs. Remaining work: installer and end-to-end testing.

    • [Shufang/Neelam] Object lifecycle - Restore API for Glacier not planned by m-3. Code is done using Storage Class name now.  Tier will be added later. Dashboard code WIP.

    • [Shruthi/Pravin] File share - API code merged. NFS driver using LVM (volume group will be created manually now and automated as part of install later). Dashboard WIP.

    • [Xulin/Himanshu/Ashit] Automation & orchestration - PRs being reviewed. More testing.

    • [Jiajun] Anomaly detection - Jerry is working on separating code for training and prediction. Lots of work remaining. Prakash/Naju will help with Data Generator.

    • Dashboard - Anvith is trying to finish dashboard work. Because it is dependent on feature completion, it is hard to finish everything by m-3.

    • PRs need attention - Many PRs need to be reviewed and merged next week.

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html


Thanks,
Xing

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 9:18 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 2, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 3, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 2, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 3, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Re: OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri milestone 3: the week of 5/6/19 to 5/10/19. Feature code needs to be merged.

  • Development update

    • Hackathon updates - Click2Cloud held an OpenSDS Hackathon in response to the Open Source Hackathon in Shenzhen and worked on a number of issues/PRs.

    • Leon gave an update on Open Source Hackathon in Shenzhen: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/9th-opensource-hackathon-opensds

    • Use cases and Proposed Architecture for Ceph volume level replication is now open for comments and suggestions -Click2Cloud

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jBJt8lfR-GmXKxBkZHO-MULmPGEBQBiQEV3YJtR7e8g/edit?usp=sharing

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions


Thanks,
Xing


On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 4:53 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - April 18, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thanks everyone for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Design reviews

    • [Leon] Leon discussed about the DNS resolution proposal in Hotpot and gave a demo. Once merged, it will impact other work in Hotpot, including Fileshare and Metrics work.  Please review the PRs and provide comments.

    • Fileshare design:

      • https://github.com/opensds/design-specs/pull/27

      • Hiroki-san has been reviewing the Fileshare design spec and found out that protocol is specified in both create file share request directly and in the profile. We will remove protocol from create file share and keep it only in the profile. Thanks!

    • Multi-attach design:

      • https://github.com/opensds/design-specs/pull/26

      • Haibo has question on whether multiAttach should be in profiles. It should be in profiles. Not every driver supports multiAttach. Having it in profiles allows scheduler to choose a backend that can support it. The current proposal adds it to customProperties. If anyone has other suggestions, please provide feedback in the PR.

    • Object Lifecycle management:

      • https://github.com/opensds/design-specs/pull/24

      • Discussed about the storage classes/tiers in Object Lifecycle management with Shufang. In Capri, we only support object so we know what object store backends are available. In the future when lifecycle management involves migrating from on-premise block/file storage to object store in the cloud, user will need to configure the storage tiers themselves. So we need to make storage tier configuration flexible for users.  Shufang has concerns about S3 compatibility if we use non-S3 storage class names. Will have follow up discussions later.

      • Kei has a question on whether OpenSDS has knowledge of the redundancy parameter in Azure Blob (user needs to configure the redundancy parameter in Azure Blob, while in AWS S3 there is a default redundancy of 3).  OpenSDS does not have knowledge of the redundancy parameter because users need to configure Azure Blob first and then register it with OpenSDS. OpenSDS stores metadata, but the real data is stored in Azure.

  • Development status

    • Simran from Click2Cloud said they are having a Hackathon in response to the Hackathon in Shenzhen, China.  Please add issues/PRs to the following etherpad.

    • 2019 China Open Source Hacking Conference is underway in Shenzhen. Here is the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/9th-opensource-hackathon-opensds. Please join by reporting issues, fixing bugs, and reviewing PRs...

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions


Thanks,
Xing


On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 8:19 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting.

Time: Apr. 18, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or Apr 19, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing