Date
OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - April 9, 2019

Xing Yang

Thank you for attending today's meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Click2Cloud has invited iSoftStone to join the meeting.  Welcome Ying! They will join the Open Source Hackathon in Shenzhen (open source projects covered by the event including OpenSDS): https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/OpenSource-Hackathon-9-Shenzhen

  • Click2cloud discussed CEPH Telemetry Metrics use-case - to store and retrieve metric from Prometheus.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VPPR8FJDnS8GGe2u_QwFWCAMqJYr735ND0loMI4PT3I/edit?usp=sharing

  • Focus on block first, using existing Ceph exporters

  • Prakash will add a note in Telemetry design doc that Ceph Metrics will be very specific to Ceph and we will preserve them

  • Investigating LVM metrics

  • For Cinder, we won’t have one metric driver for all backends.  A metrics driver, e.g. IBM metrics driver, can be developed for each Cinder storage backend.

  • Action Item for Leon: Share this doc with Qiaowei from Intel to get his feedback

  • Action item for Jay Bryant: review the doc and provide feedback

  • For others in the community who are interested in metrics for Ceph, please review the doc and provide feedback

  • Click2Cloud shared Use cases and Proposed Architecture for Ceph volume level replication.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jBJt8lfR-GmXKxBkZHO-MULmPGEBQBiQEV3YJtR7e8g/edit?usp=sharing

  • There are 3 replication configurations supported by Ceph.

  • Click2Cloud gave status update of Thin OpenSDS project

    • Started implementing Thin OpenSDS for Hotpot.

  • Click2Cloud will propose File Share for Cloud design and use case

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W2QN4Xq7e42Ej_4HDD_IwwG1e1nOR_WYBqVyKzbrJsY/edit?usp=sharing

  • Have not got time to discuss this. This has analysis on AWS file system API. A file share driver for AWS file system can be developed based on this.

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions

    • We are running out of time.  Leon’s topic on DNS resolution will be discussed in the next meeting

Thanks,
Xing

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:15 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.

Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Re: Japan OpenSDS Leadership Meeting 4/15 14:00 @Yahoo Japan

Steven Tan

Guys

We have almost 60 participants as of today, thank you all for helping to push this.

Here’s the draft agenda for the Leadership meeting. Is there anything else we should discuss at the meeting?

1. Updates and Project rebranding - 10mins
2. Round table updates 5mins each (requirements, solutions and other things you would like to share)
- Yahoo Japan
- Toyota
- NTT Comms
- GMO Pepebo
- IIJ
- Sakura Internet
- Fujitsu
- Huawei
3. Capri Release and Test Plans Discussion - 30mins
4. Sub-Projects and OpenSDS Ready Plans Discussions 30mins
5. OpenSDS Mini Summit Tokyo Planning -15mins
6. Wrapup

Thanks

Steven Tan
VP & CTO, Cloud Storage Solution
Chair of OpenSDS TSC
2330 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA95050

From: Lawrence Lai<lawrence.lai@...>
To: Yuji Yazawa<yazawa@...>;Shinya Tsunematsu<tsunematsu@...>;Michitaka Terada<terada-m@...>;Kei Kusunoki<kei.kusunoki@...>;Yusuke Sato<yuussato@...>;Tomoko Kondo<tomoko.kondo@g.softbank.co.jp>;hamano.shinya<hamano.shinya@...>;長谷川誠<hasegawa_makoto@...>;N Enomoto<n-enomoto@...>;Kimura, Hiroki<kimura.hiroki@...>
Cc: Liumingshun<liumingshun@...>;Steven Tan<Steven.Tan@...>;'OpenSDS-Japan-Community<OpenSDS-Japan-Community@...>
Subject: RE: Japan OpenSDS Leadership Meeting 4/15 14:00 @Yahoo Japan
Time: 2019-04-09 15:04:24

Hi all,

You should have received the meeting invitation already. Just accept if you can come.

BTW, LF Japan is promoting  OpenSDS MeetUp today on their FB page. Please share it on FB to spread the words.  We need more participants!

https://www.facebook.com/245414068802251/posts/2465846076759028?sfns=mo

Thanks.

Larry

From: Xing Yang <xingyang105@...>
Date: Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 12:59 PM
Subject: OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - June 18, 2019
To: <opensds-tech-discuss@...>

Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Development status

    • We are in the process of cutting Capri RC3.  If testing is okay, this will become the final Capri release.

    • NVMeoF TCP/IP support in CSI: There are still issues during testing.  May not make the final release. We’ll backport the fix when it is ready.

    • Fujitsu driver is planned to be submitted on 6/27. We’ll backport it after it is merged.

    • Host-based Replication Driver for Scutech Cloud Migration System (CMS) is submitted and merged!  It supports create, enable, disable, delete replication interface.

    • Thin OpenSDS is merged into a separate branch (https://github.com/opensds/opensds/tree/thin-opensds) as an experimental feature.  Click2Cloud will test it and document how to use it.

    • Object lifecycle: Restore API for Glacier will not be in Capri.  Although code for Restore API is complete, we need to be able to show status because it takes a very long time to restore.

    • Automation & Orchestration installation needs to be tested with other repos.

    • Fileshare CSI support needs Hotpot release before it can be tested and merged.

    • Fileshare support is testing in progress.

    • Anomaly Detection’s Alert Generation will be added after Capri release.

    • Telemetry is done and documentation submitted.

  • Demo preparation for KubeCon Shanghai

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions

Note: Next week's meeting will be canceled due to KubeCon Shanghai.

Thanks,
Xing