Topics

[Opensds-tech-discuss] OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - February 21, 2019

Kei Kusunoki
 

Hi Xing-san,

 

Thank you for sending meeting minutes.

I shared it with Japanese EUAC guys.

 

BTW, could you send the invitation of this TSC mtg and minutes, to also Japanese EUAC ML?

 

'OpenSDS-Japan-Community OpenSDS-Japan-Community@...

 

Regards,

 

---

Kei Kusunoki

Technology Development, NTT Communications

Tel: +81-50-3812-4836, Mobile: +81-50-3771-5038, Fax: +81-3-5439-0483

 

From: Opensds-tech-discuss@... <Opensds-tech-discuss@...> On Behalf Of Xing Yang
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 12:56 PM
To: opensds-tech-discuss@...
Subject: [Opensds-tech-discuss] OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - February 21, 2019

 

Hi everyone,

 

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

 

Agenda/Notes:

  • Design reviews
    • [Qiaowei] Qiaowei gave a design overview of NVMeoF driver
      • https://github.com/qwren/design-specs/blob/nvmeof/specs/nvmeof_support.md
      • Comments from Kei: Clarify what protocol may be supported, what is tested, what is not tested, and what may be planned in the future in the design spec.
      • Request for Qiaowei to give an introduction of NVMeoF technology as most folks in the meeting are not familiar with it.  Qiaowei will do it in the next Thursday’s meeting time.
    • [Pravin] Pravin continued Fileshare design
      • A WIP doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lcaKI8ht7ZYyP0mGm8WN_jC1DH62wpJpZ5NiDuogT9g/edit?ts=5c6eac90
      • Comments: Add the Manila Generic section from the old doc back to this new doc. Describe what steps need to be performed in OpenStack (i.e., create share network, etc.) before using OpenSDS southbound Manila driver to create a file.
      • Comments: Need to add profile id as Create Share input parameter
      • Comments: Add a section to compare Manila API and Swordfish API
      • Check frameworks in Hotpot and multi-cloud. Some other design work for reference:
  • Development update
    • Click2Cloud:
      • GCP object store backend and data migration PRs submitted and being reviewed by Shufang
      • Ansible multi-backend PR is being reviewed by Leon
      • Ansible multi-node is being investigated.  Will manually try first.
    • IBM: IBM object store backend adapter is WIP (POC using S3 works)
  • Capri planning.

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

 

Thanks,

Xing

 

 

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 9:42 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

 

Time: Feb 21, 2018 Thursday 5:00pm-6:00pm PT or 8:00pm-9:00pm ET (or Feb 22, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

 

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

 

Meeting agenda is here:

 

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

 

Thanks,

Xing

Xing Yang
 

Hi Kei,

Sure, I will.

Thanks,
Xing

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 2:39 AM Kei Kusunoki <kei.kusunoki@...> wrote:

Hi Xing-san,

 

Thank you for sending meeting minutes.

I shared it with Japanese EUAC guys.

 

BTW, could you send the invitation of this TSC mtg and minutes, to also Japanese EUAC ML?

 

'OpenSDS-Japan-Community OpenSDS-Japan-Community@...

 

Regards,

 

---

Kei Kusunoki

Technology Development, NTT Communications

Tel: +81-50-3812-4836, Mobile: +81-50-3771-5038, Fax: +81-3-5439-0483

 

From: Opensds-tech-discuss@... <Opensds-tech-discuss@...> On Behalf Of Xing Yang
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 12:56 PM
To: opensds-tech-discuss@...
Subject: [Opensds-tech-discuss] OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - February 21, 2019

 

Hi everyone,

 

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

 

Agenda/Notes:

  • Design reviews
    • [Qiaowei] Qiaowei gave a design overview of NVMeoF driver
      • https://github.com/qwren/design-specs/blob/nvmeof/specs/nvmeof_support.md
      • Comments from Kei: Clarify what protocol may be supported, what is tested, what is not tested, and what may be planned in the future in the design spec.
      • Request for Qiaowei to give an introduction of NVMeoF technology as most folks in the meeting are not familiar with it.  Qiaowei will do it in the next Thursday’s meeting time.
    • [Pravin] Pravin continued Fileshare design
      • A WIP doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lcaKI8ht7ZYyP0mGm8WN_jC1DH62wpJpZ5NiDuogT9g/edit?ts=5c6eac90
      • Comments: Add the Manila Generic section from the old doc back to this new doc. Describe what steps need to be performed in OpenStack (i.e., create share network, etc.) before using OpenSDS southbound Manila driver to create a file.
      • Comments: Need to add profile id as Create Share input parameter
      • Comments: Add a section to compare Manila API and Swordfish API
      • Check frameworks in Hotpot and multi-cloud. Some other design work for reference:
  • Development update
    • Click2Cloud:
      • GCP object store backend and data migration PRs submitted and being reviewed by Shufang
      • Ansible multi-backend PR is being reviewed by Leon
      • Ansible multi-node is being investigated.  Will manually try first.
    • IBM: IBM object store backend adapter is WIP (POC using S3 works)
  • Capri planning.

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

 

Thanks,

Xing

 

 

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 9:42 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

 

Time: Feb 21, 2018 Thursday 5:00pm-6:00pm PT or 8:00pm-9:00pm ET (or Feb 22, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

 

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

 

Meeting agenda is here:

 

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

 

Thanks,

Xing