Date   
Next OpenSDS meeting agenda

Steven Tan
 

1. Updates from China Kubecon
2. Soda formation discussion
3. Capri release
4. CNCF sandbox proposal

opensds-tsc@...

Upcoming Migration to Groups.io

Brendan OSullivan <bosullivan@...>
 

Greetings OpenSDS community!

The Linux Foundation has connected with a new vendor called Groups.io, which provides mailing list services in a simple but modern interface. Groups.io offers all of the capabilities of our existing Mailman mailing service plus additional community tools that make it an exceptional service solution.

We are planning to migrate your existing mailing list archives and user lists to Groups.io on Wednesday June 13th starting at 9:30am PST.

The migration will include details on subscriber preferences and owner or moderator privileges.

Owners and Moderators: Please be aware pending memberships or posts (and similar pending moderation actions) in Mailman will not be preserved in this migration. We recommend re-checking for any such pending decisions and taking action on them within Mailman one hour prior to the start of the migration window.

During the migration window you will still be able to access the archives, however the delivery of messages sent to the mailing lists during this window will be delayed until after the migration of the archives and list members are complete. We will turn off new list signups during the migration window, then this functionality will be restored once it is complete.


FAQs

What are the key differences between Mailman and Groups.io?

  • Groups.io has a modern interface, robust user security model, and interactive, searchable archives
  • Groups.io provides advanced features including muting threads and integrations with modern tools like GitHub, Slack, and Trello
  • Groups.io also has optional extras like a shared calendar, polling, chat, a wiki, and more
  • Groups.io uses a concept of subgroups, where members first join the project “group” (a master list, normally called "main"), then they choose the specific “subgroup” lists they want to subscribe to

How do the costs compare?

The Linux Foundation can provide project-branded Groups.io accounts to projects for less cost than managing our in-house Mailman systems.

How is the experience different for me as a list moderator or participant?

In many ways, it is very much the same. You will still find the main group at your existing URL and sub-groups equate to the more focused mailing lists based on the community’s needs. Here is an example of main group and sub-group URL patterns, and their respective emails:

https://lists.projectname.org/g/main

https://lists.projectname.org/g/devs

https://lists.projectname.org/g/ci

main@...

devs@...

ci@...

What is different is Groups.io’s simple but highly functional UI that will make the experience of moderating or participating in the community discussions more enjoyable.

Where do I find the settings and owner/moderator tools?

To change settings while in a group or subgroup, left click “Admin” from the side menu.

Then from “Admin” you can select:

  • “Settings” to change overall settings for a group, including privacy and message policy settings.

  • “Members” to manage people within a group, including adjusting their role and privileges

  • “Pending” to view messages pending moderation

If you’d like to learn more about using Groups.io , please reference their help documentation. If you need assistance with Groups.io, please email helpdesk@... for The Linux Foundation’s helpdesk.


Cheers!
Brendan OSullivan

Helpdesk Analyst

Re: OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Steven Tan <Steven.Tan@...>
 

Guys

We will be postponing this meeting due to schedule conflicts.

Steve
From: Jay S Bryant
To: opensds-tsc<opensds-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [opensds-tsc] OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes
Time: 2018-05-14 08:42:37

All,

I cannot make meetings on the 17th or 18th.  I could possibly make some of an afternoon meeting on the 16th.

Jay



On 5/11/2018 6:17 PM, Allen Samuels wrote:

WD is pleased to host the May 17th OpenSDS TSC meeting at our Great Oaks Facility (5601 Great Oaks Pkwy, San Jose, CA 95119 – Building A1) from 1pm until 4pm.

 

If I could get the names and e-mail addresses of those that intend to attend, it will simplify the check-in/badging process.

 

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you.

 

Allen Samuels 

R&D Engineering Fellow


Western Digital®

Email:  allen.samuels@...

Office:  +1-408-801-7030

Mobile: +1-408-780-6416

 

From: opensds-tsc-bounces@... [mailto:opensds-tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Steven Tan
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 3:48 PM
To: opensds-tsc@...
Subject: [opensds-tsc] OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

 

Hi Guys

Below is the meeting minutes for the May 2 TSC meeting/OpenSDS Mini Summit.

https://github.com/opensds/tsc/blob/master/tsc-meeting-2018-5-2.md

I propose we have a TSC meet up in the Bay Area on May 17, Thursday 1-4pm to follow up issues we discussed at the OpenSDS Mini Summit last week. Best if you can attend in person, if no there’s always the dial-in option. Let me know if you are available for the meeting.

Allen do you mind hosting again as we discussed previously?

Best,
Steve

 

OpenSDS TSC Meeting May 2, 2018


Attendees: Rakesh Jain, Steven Tan, Kei Kusunoki, Yusuke Sato, Xing Yang, Makoto Kawabata (HPE)

 

Agenda

  1. General Discussions
  2. Aruba Development Status
  3. Bali and Capri Roadmap Features
  4. Wrap-up

 

Minutes

  1. Kei proposed starting regular bi-weekly EUAC meetings, proposed start May 21 week. Time is 10:00am JST
  2. Kei introduced HPE Makoto Kawabata-san to OpenSDS. Kawabata-san will discuss internally regarding OpenSDS participation
  3. Xing updated on Aruba status
  4. Request from NTT to package with keystone and config in dashboard for tenant management in Aruba. Xing to check resource
  5. Yahoo Japan requests native driver support for Huawei OceanStor V3 for replication
  6. Kei indicates hybrid cloud is important for NTT. Data stored in NTT to be replicated to AWS, Azure, Google
  7. Rakesh highlighted importance of supporting Kubernetes federation with OpenSDS multi-cloud
  8. Rakesh mentioned KPN is ok with using Cinder driver for IBM SVC so no native driver is required
  9. Bali feature priorities
    1. Multi cloud - AWS, Azure
    2. S3 object
    3. Multi OpenStack 
    4. Monitoring – a way to monitor performance QoS
    5. Metering – start with capacity usage configurable
    6. Replication configurable through a single dashboard

                                                                  i.      multi-site

                                                                 ii.      multi-region

    1. Thin OpenSDS 
    2. Swordfish to be moved to Capri unless we have more evidence of multi-vendor support
    3. Modularize
    4. NVMeoF
    5. Group snapshot/replication 
    6. To be discussed

                                                                  i.      Data migration?

                                                                 ii.      CSI (for Mesos? Docker?)

                                                               iii.      Data migration (offline/online)

  1. Capri feature priorities
    1. Swordfish
    2. File support (may need to pull this into Bali for Yahoo and Swisscom)
    3. Performance QoS
    4. SDN support for Contrail ONOS requested by NTT
    5. VMware support?

Extras from the Mini Summit:

  1. Linbit officially joined OpenSDS with Linux Foundation PR annoucement
  2. Jay Bryant officially joined OpenSDS TSC
  3. KPN requested FC support, will be delivered in Aruba
  4. LinBit will provide volume driver for LinStor block storage

 



_______________________________________________
OpenSDS-TSC mailing list
OpenSDS-TSC@...
https://lists.opensds.io/mailman/listinfo/opensds-tsc

Re: OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Chagam, Anjaneya
 

I can’t make it this week and next week – travelling for F2F meetings to Oregon.

 

From: opensds-tsc-bounces@... [mailto:opensds-tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jay S Bryant
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 8:42 AM
To: opensds-tsc@...
Subject: Re: [opensds-tsc] OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

 

All,

I cannot make meetings on the 17th or 18th.  I could possibly make some of an afternoon meeting on the 16th.

Jay

 

 

On 5/11/2018 6:17 PM, Allen Samuels wrote:

WD is pleased to host the May 17th OpenSDS TSC meeting at our Great Oaks Facility (5601 Great Oaks Pkwy, San Jose, CA 95119 – Building A1) from 1pm until 4pm.

 

If I could get the names and e-mail addresses of those that intend to attend, it will simplify the check-in/badging process.

 

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you.

 

Allen Samuels 

R&D Engineering Fellow


Western Digital®

Email:  allen.samuels@...

Office:  +1-408-801-7030

Mobile: +1-408-780-6416

 

From: opensds-tsc-bounces@... [mailto:opensds-tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Steven Tan
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 3:48 PM
To: opensds-tsc@...
Subject: [opensds-tsc] OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

 

Hi Guys

Below is the meeting minutes for the May 2 TSC meeting/OpenSDS Mini Summit.

https://github.com/opensds/tsc/blob/master/tsc-meeting-2018-5-2.md

I propose we have a TSC meet up in the Bay Area on May 17, Thursday 1-4pm to follow up issues we discussed at the OpenSDS Mini Summit last week. Best if you can attend in person, if no there’s always the dial-in option. Let me know if you are available for the meeting.

Allen do you mind hosting again as we discussed previously?

Best,
Steve

 

OpenSDS TSC Meeting May 2, 2018


Attendees: Rakesh Jain, Steven Tan, Kei Kusunoki, Yusuke Sato, Xing Yang, Makoto Kawabata (HPE)

 

Agenda

  1. General Discussions
  2. Aruba Development Status
  3. Bali and Capri Roadmap Features
  4. Wrap-up

 

Minutes

  1. Kei proposed starting regular bi-weekly EUAC meetings, proposed start May 21 week. Time is 10:00am JST
  2. Kei introduced HPE Makoto Kawabata-san to OpenSDS. Kawabata-san will discuss internally regarding OpenSDS participation
  3. Xing updated on Aruba status
  4. Request from NTT to package with keystone and config in dashboard for tenant management in Aruba. Xing to check resource
  5. Yahoo Japan requests native driver support for Huawei OceanStor V3 for replication
  6. Kei indicates hybrid cloud is important for NTT. Data stored in NTT to be replicated to AWS, Azure, Google
  7. Rakesh highlighted importance of supporting Kubernetes federation with OpenSDS multi-cloud
  8. Rakesh mentioned KPN is ok with using Cinder driver for IBM SVC so no native driver is required
  9. Bali feature priorities
    1. Multi cloud - AWS, Azure
    2. S3 object
    3. Multi OpenStack 
    4. Monitoring – a way to monitor performance QoS
    5. Metering – start with capacity usage configurable
    6. Replication configurable through a single dashboard

                                                                                          i.      multi-site

                                                                                         ii.      multi-region

    1. Thin OpenSDS 
    2. Swordfish to be moved to Capri unless we have more evidence of multi-vendor support
    3. Modularize
    4. NVMeoF
    5. Group snapshot/replication 
    6. To be discussed

                                                                                          i.      Data migration?

                                                                                         ii.      CSI (for Mesos? Docker?)

                                                                                       iii.      Data migration (offline/online)

  1. Capri feature priorities
    1. Swordfish
    2. File support (may need to pull this into Bali for Yahoo and Swisscom)
    3. Performance QoS
    4. SDN support for Contrail ONOS requested by NTT
    5. VMware support?

Extras from the Mini Summit:

  1. Linbit officially joined OpenSDS with Linux Foundation PR annoucement
  2. Jay Bryant officially joined OpenSDS TSC
  3. KPN requested FC support, will be delivered in Aruba
  4. LinBit will provide volume driver for LinStor block storage

 




_______________________________________________
OpenSDS-TSC mailing list
OpenSDS-TSC@...
https://lists.opensds.io/mailman/listinfo/opensds-tsc

 

Re: OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Jay S Bryant
 

All,

I cannot make meetings on the 17th or 18th.  I could possibly make some of an afternoon meeting on the 16th.

Jay



On 5/11/2018 6:17 PM, Allen Samuels wrote:

WD is pleased to host the May 17th OpenSDS TSC meeting at our Great Oaks Facility (5601 Great Oaks Pkwy, San Jose, CA 95119 – Building A1) from 1pm until 4pm.

 

If I could get the names and e-mail addresses of those that intend to attend, it will simplify the check-in/badging process.

 

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you.

 

Allen Samuels 

R&D Engineering Fellow


Western Digital®

Email:  allen.samuels@...

Office:  +1-408-801-7030

Mobile: +1-408-780-6416

 

From: opensds-tsc-bounces@... [mailto:opensds-tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Steven Tan
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 3:48 PM
To: opensds-tsc@...
Subject: [opensds-tsc] OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

 

Hi Guys

Below is the meeting minutes for the May 2 TSC meeting/OpenSDS Mini Summit.

https://github.com/opensds/tsc/blob/master/tsc-meeting-2018-5-2.md

I propose we have a TSC meet up in the Bay Area on May 17, Thursday 1-4pm to follow up issues we discussed at the OpenSDS Mini Summit last week. Best if you can attend in person, if no there’s always the dial-in option. Let me know if you are available for the meeting.

Allen do you mind hosting again as we discussed previously?

Best,
Steve

 

OpenSDS TSC Meeting May 2, 2018


Attendees: Rakesh Jain, Steven Tan, Kei Kusunoki, Yusuke Sato, Xing Yang, Makoto Kawabata (HPE)

 

Agenda

  1. General Discussions
  2. Aruba Development Status
  3. Bali and Capri Roadmap Features
  4. Wrap-up

 

Minutes

  1. Kei proposed starting regular bi-weekly EUAC meetings, proposed start May 21 week. Time is 10:00am JST
  2. Kei introduced HPE Makoto Kawabata-san to OpenSDS. Kawabata-san will discuss internally regarding OpenSDS participation
  3. Xing updated on Aruba status
  4. Request from NTT to package with keystone and config in dashboard for tenant management in Aruba. Xing to check resource
  5. Yahoo Japan requests native driver support for Huawei OceanStor V3 for replication
  6. Kei indicates hybrid cloud is important for NTT. Data stored in NTT to be replicated to AWS, Azure, Google
  7. Rakesh highlighted importance of supporting Kubernetes federation with OpenSDS multi-cloud
  8. Rakesh mentioned KPN is ok with using Cinder driver for IBM SVC so no native driver is required
  9. Bali feature priorities
    1. Multi cloud - AWS, Azure
    2. S3 object
    3. Multi OpenStack 
    4. Monitoring – a way to monitor performance QoS
    5. Metering – start with capacity usage configurable
    6. Replication configurable through a single dashboard

                                                                  i.      multi-site

                                                                 ii.      multi-region

    1. Thin OpenSDS 
    2. Swordfish to be moved to Capri unless we have more evidence of multi-vendor support
    3. Modularize
    4. NVMeoF
    5. Group snapshot/replication 
    6. To be discussed

                                                                  i.      Data migration?

                                                                 ii.      CSI (for Mesos? Docker?)

                                                               iii.      Data migration (offline/online)

  1. Capri feature priorities
    1. Swordfish
    2. File support (may need to pull this into Bali for Yahoo and Swisscom)
    3. Performance QoS
    4. SDN support for Contrail ONOS requested by NTT
    5. VMware support?

Extras from the Mini Summit:

  1. Linbit officially joined OpenSDS with Linux Foundation PR annoucement
  2. Jay Bryant officially joined OpenSDS TSC
  3. KPN requested FC support, will be delivered in Aruba
  4. LinBit will provide volume driver for LinStor block storage

 



_______________________________________________
OpenSDS-TSC mailing list
OpenSDS-TSC@...
https://lists.opensds.io/mailman/listinfo/opensds-tsc

Re: OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Allen Samuels
 

WD is pleased to host the May 17th OpenSDS TSC meeting at our Great Oaks Facility (5601 Great Oaks Pkwy, San Jose, CA 95119 – Building A1) from 1pm until 4pm.

 

If I could get the names and e-mail addresses of those that intend to attend, it will simplify the check-in/badging process.

 

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you.

 

Allen Samuels 

R&D Engineering Fellow


Western Digital®

Email:  allen.samuels@...

Office:  +1-408-801-7030

Mobile: +1-408-780-6416

 

From: opensds-tsc-bounces@... [mailto:opensds-tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Steven Tan
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 3:48 PM
To: opensds-tsc@...
Subject: [opensds-tsc] OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

 

Hi Guys

Below is the meeting minutes for the May 2 TSC meeting/OpenSDS Mini Summit.

https://github.com/opensds/tsc/blob/master/tsc-meeting-2018-5-2.md

I propose we have a TSC meet up in the Bay Area on May 17, Thursday 1-4pm to follow up issues we discussed at the OpenSDS Mini Summit last week. Best if you can attend in person, if no there’s always the dial-in option. Let me know if you are available for the meeting.

Allen do you mind hosting again as we discussed previously?

Best,
Steve

 

OpenSDS TSC Meeting May 2, 2018


Attendees: Rakesh Jain, Steven Tan, Kei Kusunoki, Yusuke Sato, Xing Yang, Makoto Kawabata (HPE)

 

Agenda

  1. General Discussions
  2. Aruba Development Status
  3. Bali and Capri Roadmap Features
  4. Wrap-up

 

Minutes

  1. Kei proposed starting regular bi-weekly EUAC meetings, proposed start May 21 week. Time is 10:00am JST
  2. Kei introduced HPE Makoto Kawabata-san to OpenSDS. Kawabata-san will discuss internally regarding OpenSDS participation
  3. Xing updated on Aruba status
  4. Request from NTT to package with keystone and config in dashboard for tenant management in Aruba. Xing to check resource
  5. Yahoo Japan requests native driver support for Huawei OceanStor V3 for replication
  6. Kei indicates hybrid cloud is important for NTT. Data stored in NTT to be replicated to AWS, Azure, Google
  7. Rakesh highlighted importance of supporting Kubernetes federation with OpenSDS multi-cloud
  8. Rakesh mentioned KPN is ok with using Cinder driver for IBM SVC so no native driver is required
  9. Bali feature priorities
    1. Multi cloud - AWS, Azure
    2. S3 object
    3. Multi OpenStack 
    4. Monitoring – a way to monitor performance QoS
    5. Metering – start with capacity usage configurable
    6. Replication configurable through a single dashboard

                                                                  i.      multi-site

                                                                 ii.      multi-region

    1. Thin OpenSDS 
    2. Swordfish to be moved to Capri unless we have more evidence of multi-vendor support
    3. Modularize
    4. NVMeoF
    5. Group snapshot/replication 
    6. To be discussed

                                                                  i.      Data migration?

                                                                 ii.      CSI (for Mesos? Docker?)

                                                               iii.      Data migration (offline/online)

  1. Capri feature priorities
    1. Swordfish
    2. File support (may need to pull this into Bali for Yahoo and Swisscom)
    3. Performance QoS
    4. SDN support for Contrail ONOS requested by NTT
    5. VMware support?

Extras from the Mini Summit:

  1. Linbit officially joined OpenSDS with Linux Foundation PR annoucement
  2. Jay Bryant officially joined OpenSDS TSC
  3. KPN requested FC support, will be delivered in Aruba
  4. LinBit will provide volume driver for LinStor block storage

 

Re: OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Allen Samuels
 

I can host it again, no problem.

 

Allen Samuels 

R&D Engineering Fellow


Western Digital®

Email:  allen.samuels@...

Office:  +1-408-801-7030

Mobile: +1-408-780-6416

 

From: opensds-tsc-bounces@... [mailto:opensds-tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Steven Tan
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 3:48 PM
To: opensds-tsc@...
Subject: [opensds-tsc] OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

 

Hi Guys

Below is the meeting minutes for the May 2 TSC meeting/OpenSDS Mini Summit.

https://github.com/opensds/tsc/blob/master/tsc-meeting-2018-5-2.md

I propose we have a TSC meet up in the Bay Area on May 17, Thursday 1-4pm to follow up issues we discussed at the OpenSDS Mini Summit last week. Best if you can attend in person, if no there’s always the dial-in option. Let me know if you are available for the meeting.

Allen do you mind hosting again as we discussed previously?

Best,
Steve

 

OpenSDS TSC Meeting May 2, 2018


Attendees: Rakesh Jain, Steven Tan, Kei Kusunoki, Yusuke Sato, Xing Yang, Makoto Kawabata (HPE)

 

Agenda

  1. General Discussions
  2. Aruba Development Status
  3. Bali and Capri Roadmap Features
  4. Wrap-up

 

Minutes

  1. Kei proposed starting regular bi-weekly EUAC meetings, proposed start May 21 week. Time is 10:00am JST
  2. Kei introduced HPE Makoto Kawabata-san to OpenSDS. Kawabata-san will discuss internally regarding OpenSDS participation
  3. Xing updated on Aruba status
  4. Request from NTT to package with keystone and config in dashboard for tenant management in Aruba. Xing to check resource
  5. Yahoo Japan requests native driver support for Huawei OceanStor V3 for replication
  6. Kei indicates hybrid cloud is important for NTT. Data stored in NTT to be replicated to AWS, Azure, Google
  7. Rakesh highlighted importance of supporting Kubernetes federation with OpenSDS multi-cloud
  8. Rakesh mentioned KPN is ok with using Cinder driver for IBM SVC so no native driver is required
  9. Bali feature priorities
    1. Multi cloud - AWS, Azure
    2. S3 object
    3. Multi OpenStack 
    4. Monitoring – a way to monitor performance QoS
    5. Metering – start with capacity usage configurable
    6. Replication configurable through a single dashboard

                                                                  i.      multi-site

                                                                 ii.      multi-region

    1. Thin OpenSDS 
    2. Swordfish to be moved to Capri unless we have more evidence of multi-vendor support
    3. Modularize
    4. NVMeoF
    5. Group snapshot/replication 
    6. To be discussed

                                                                  i.      Data migration?

                                                                 ii.      CSI (for Mesos? Docker?)

                                                               iii.      Data migration (offline/online)

  1. Capri feature priorities
    1. Swordfish
    2. File support (may need to pull this into Bali for Yahoo and Swisscom)
    3. Performance QoS
    4. SDN support for Contrail ONOS requested by NTT
    5. VMware support?

Extras from the Mini Summit:

  1. Linbit officially joined OpenSDS with Linux Foundation PR annoucement
  2. Jay Bryant officially joined OpenSDS TSC
  3. KPN requested FC support, will be delivered in Aruba
  4. LinBit will provide volume driver for LinStor block storage

 

OpenSDS TSC May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Steven Tan <Steven.Tan@...>
 

Hi Guys

Below is the meeting minutes for the May 2 TSC meeting/OpenSDS Mini Summit.

https://github.com/opensds/tsc/blob/master/tsc-meeting-2018-5-2.md

I propose we have a TSC meet up in the Bay Area on May 17, Thursday 1-4pm to follow up issues we discussed at the OpenSDS Mini Summit last week. Best if you can attend in person, if no there’s always the dial-in option. Let me know if you are available for the meeting.

Allen do you mind hosting again as we discussed previously?

Best,
Steve

 

OpenSDS TSC Meeting May 2, 2018


Attendees: Rakesh Jain, Steven Tan, Kei Kusunoki, Yusuke Sato, Xing Yang, Makoto Kawabata (HPE)

 

Agenda

  1. General Discussions
  2. Aruba Development Status
  3. Bali and Capri Roadmap Features
  4. Wrap-up

 

Minutes

  1. Kei proposed starting regular bi-weekly EUAC meetings, proposed start May 21 week. Time is 10:00am JST
  2. Kei introduced HPE Makoto Kawabata-san to OpenSDS. Kawabata-san will discuss internally regarding OpenSDS participation
  3. Xing updated on Aruba status
  4. Request from NTT to package with keystone and config in dashboard for tenant management in Aruba. Xing to check resource
  5. Yahoo Japan requests native driver support for Huawei OceanStor V3 for replication
  6. Kei indicates hybrid cloud is important for NTT. Data stored in NTT to be replicated to AWS, Azure, Google
  7. Rakesh highlighted importance of supporting Kubernetes federation with OpenSDS multi-cloud
  8. Rakesh mentioned KPN is ok with using Cinder driver for IBM SVC so no native driver is required
  9. Bali feature priorities
    1. Multi cloud - AWS, Azure
    2. S3 object
    3. Multi OpenStack 
    4. Monitoring – a way to monitor performance QoS
    5. Metering – start with capacity usage configurable
    6. Replication configurable through a single dashboard

                                                               i.      multi-site

                                                             ii.      multi-region

    1. Thin OpenSDS 
    2. Swordfish to be moved to Capri unless we have more evidence of multi-vendor support
    3. Modularize
    4. NVMeoF
    5. Group snapshot/replication 
    6. To be discussed

                                                               i.      Data migration?

                                                             ii.      CSI (for Mesos? Docker?)

                                                           iii.      Data migration (offline/online)

  1. Capri feature priorities
    1. Swordfish
    2. File support (may need to pull this into Bali for Yahoo and Swisscom)
    3. Performance QoS
    4. SDN support for Contrail ONOS requested by NTT
    5. VMware support?

Extras from the Mini Summit:

  1. Linbit officially joined OpenSDS with Linux Foundation PR annoucement
  2. Jay Bryant officially joined OpenSDS TSC
  3. KPN requested FC support, will be delivered in Aruba
  4. LinBit will provide volume driver for LinStor block storage

 

OpenSDS TSC Meeting Mar 28, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Steven Tan
 

Please review/edit.


OpenSDS TSC Meeting Mar 28, 2018

Attendees: Scott Nicholas, Reddy, Allen Samuels, Rakesh Jain, Steven Tan, Jay Bryant, Xing Yang, Sean McGinnis

Agenda

1.     General Discussions

a.     General Updates

b.     Org Chart proposal

c.     Events Preparation

                                               i.     Mini-Summit Copenhagen / CloudNativeCon preparation

                                             ii.     OpenStack Vancouver

d.     Release Process and some other things – Sean McGinnis

2.     Aruba Development Discussions

a.     Thin OpenSDS Proposal

b.     Project Update

c.      Replication

d.     Dashboard

e.     NVMeoF

3.     Wrap-up

 

Minutes

1.     Scott Nicholas presented the proposed OpenSDS Participation Agreement and EUAC Charter; will circulate updated docs to TSC for final feedback and approval

2.     Steve proposed the new org chart to include 3 roles – all TSC members approved proposal

a.     Xing Yang as Lead Architect responsible for Project and Architecture

b.     Sean McGinnis as Community and Release Manager  

c.      Howard Huang as Ecosystem Manager

d.     All roles will need to influence/grow awareness in other open source communities

3.     OpenSDS Mini Summit Copenhagen talks

a.     All Developer talks confirmed

b.     End User talks – NTT Communications and Yahoo Japan confirmed; Vodafone pending

c.      Technology talks – Allen, Saad (Google), and Philip (Linbit) confirmed; Xing to check with Redhat, and Sean will check with Swordfish if we don’t hear anything from Philip Kufeldt

4.     Sean McGinnis presented initial plans for community and release management. Twitter account @opensds_io, and hashtag #opensds. Rakesh suggested linking website to github for blogs; Steve to get Sean website rights   

5.     Xing confirmed development participation from Linbit and Intel developers

6.     Xing gave update on development.

a.     Thin OpenSDS proposal – to go with API to Dock, etcd is optional block for stateless requirement. Rakesh stated need for easy consumption of OpenSDS, tighter integration with Kubernetes

b.     Aruba Update

                                               i.     Roland started to look into replication design for DRBD. Steve stated need for replication to cloud AWS, Azure, GCP.  

                                              ii.     Jerry started work on driver for array-based replication based on Huawei Dorado; when driver is ready, Rakesh will push IBM for development of driver for XIV replication

                                             iii.     Reddy mentioned Intel NVMeoF is ready for integration with OpenSDS, Shane will present design in next technical meeting

c.      UI

                                               i.     Steve mentioned need for UI flow for setting up replication

                                              ii.     Rakesh proposed splitting replication as a separate profile from Storage Profile

                                             iii.     Allen mentioned need for separate Storage Profiles in multiple volume provisioning use case to support different storage requirements (eg. logs, cache etc. in database)  

7.     Wrap Up

a.     Steve proposed inviting Jay into TSC – all TSC members approved invitation

8.     Action Items

a.     Steve to send registration code for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon for TSC members

 

 

 

 


Twitter

Steven Tan <Steven.Tan@...>
 

We have a Twitter @opensds_io now. Please follow, and let me know if you would like to tweet under that account.

Steven