OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 30, 2019

Xing Yang

Thank you for attending today's meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.


  • Anvith, Sanil, and Kei gave a recap of OpenSDS mini-summit in Barcelona.

  • Development status

    • Github download issue? - Not a problem if the repo is publicly available.

    • RC status - Still testing.  Cut RC1 on June 3.

    • HPE Nimble driver is merged!  Kei said he can use it in the POC for Capri.

    • Fujitsu driver is code complete.  Waiting to get approval to submit PR.

    • NVMeoF CSI support may be delayed due to problems run into while testing RDMA with containers

    • Leon will add comments for Thin OpenSDS implementation regarding having one interface for both controller and dock (future enhancement). Existing PR can be merged by RC1.

    • Object lifecycle restore API PR is submitted.  Neelam will sync up with Shufang.

    • Automation and Orchestration: installation and dashboard integration are work in progress.

    • CSI topology support is merged.  Resize has not been started.

    • File share NFS driver is merged.  Manila driver is code complete and being tested.  CSI support is WIP.

    • Anomaly Detection Data Parser is done.  Jiajun will work on Data Generator. Integration testing is not done yet.  Need to provide documentation.

    • Telemetry: installation and dashboard integration are work in progress.  Need to provide documentation.

  • Demo preparation for KubeCon Shanghai

  • Capri planning

  • Open discussions


On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 8:54 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 30, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 31, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link:

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.


Join to automatically receive all group messages.