Date   
OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 16, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thanks everyone for attending today's meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Please note that next week's meeting will be cancelled due to KubeCon.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Milestone-3 release is cut.

  • Development status

    • HPE Nimble driver is submitted

    • Fujitsu driver: Hiroki-san said driver implementation is complete. He is getting approval to submit the driver upstream. Need a couple of weeks.

      • Planned Capri GA date is mid June, a month away.  So please try to submit it as soon as possible,

    • NVMeoF CSI support: https://github.com/opensds/nbp/pull/215

      • Qiaowei: Please update the driver now that m-3 of hotpot is cut

      • Leon: Please follow up with Qiaowei

    • Thin OpenSDS:

    • Object lifecycle

      • Default storage tier PR and Put/Get/Delete API changes are merged

      • Dashboard integration is done

      • TODO: user defined storage tier and restore Glacier

    • Installer

    • Automation & Orchestration

    • File share

      • Access API, dock and controller for file share PRs are merged

      • NFS driver is code complete.  Need more testing. https://github.com/opensds/opensds/pull/741

      • CLI is done and review in progress

      • Dashboard integration is WIP

      • E2E testing and demo (WIP)

    • Telemetry

      • Many telemetry PRs have been merged, including APIs and controller changes.

      • Dashboard integration (WIP)

      • Installer (WIP)

    • Anomaly Detection

      • Read data from mysql database and run models is done

      • Data Parser is WIP

      • Prakash, Naju, and Jiajun have been working on collecting metrics and running models (WIP)

      • TODO: Data Generator

      • TODO: Installer

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html


Thanks,
Xing


On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:26 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 16, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 17, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Canceled: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

Re: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Hi guys,
 
We have an important and major topic to cover tomorrow: plan OpenSDS mini summit held together with KubeCon Shanghai in June, and decide speakers.
Please plan your time to attend or delegate a rep, thanks.
 
Regards.
--
Shane
-----Original Appointment-----
From:
Sent: None
To: Wang, Shane; 'opensds-tech-discuss@...'; 'Steven Tan'; Chenjing (Jim, SDS Controller)
Cc: Ren, Qiaowei; 'Allen Samuels'; Zhu, Vivian; Chagam, Anjaneya; 'Jay S. Bryant'; 'Rupal Shirpurkar'; Liu, Wenjie; Yang, Shixin; Faizan Ahmad; zhongx15@...
Subject: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting
When: Friday, May 24, 2019 9:00 AM-10:00 AM Asia/Shanghai.
Where: https://zoom.us/j/751476273
 
 
Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 30, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 31, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Canceled: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Add OpenSDS China Community Mailing List, Remove non-Chinese speaker, since we’re using Chinese for the meeting in the future
 
Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 30, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.


Agenda/Notes:

  • Anvith, Sanil, and Kei gave a recap of OpenSDS mini-summit in Barcelona.

  • Development status

    • Github download issue? - Not a problem if the repo is publicly available.

    • RC status - Still testing.  Cut RC1 on June 3.

    • HPE Nimble driver is merged!  Kei said he can use it in the POC for Capri.

    • Fujitsu driver is code complete.  Waiting to get approval to submit PR.

    • NVMeoF CSI support may be delayed due to problems run into while testing RDMA with containers

    • Leon will add comments for Thin OpenSDS implementation regarding having one interface for both controller and dock (future enhancement). Existing PR can be merged by RC1.

    • Object lifecycle restore API PR is submitted.  Neelam will sync up with Shufang.

    • Automation and Orchestration: installation and dashboard integration are work in progress.

    • CSI topology support is merged.  Resize has not been started.

    • File share NFS driver is merged.  Manila driver is code complete and being tested.  CSI support is WIP.

    • Anomaly Detection Data Parser is done.  Jiajun will work on Data Generator. Integration testing is not done yet.  Need to provide documentation.

    • Telemetry: installation and dashboard integration are work in progress.  Need to provide documentation.

  • Demo preparation for KubeCon Shanghai

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions


Thanks,
Xing


On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 8:54 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 30, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 31, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - June 4, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri RC1 is cut.

  • Development status

    • NVMeoF CSI support

      • Issues not resolved yet

    • Fujitsu driver

      • Code complete.  Waiting for approval to submit PR.

    • Object lifecycle

      • Neelam is addressing comments on restore API PR (status of restore, for long running restore process).

      • User defined tier is not in scope for Capri.

    • Click2Cloud

      • Add volume level metrics for Ceph, only capacity (WIP)

      • Thin OpenSDS (Address comments and get it merged in Capri)

      • Helm chart with Ceph (address comments and get it merged in Capri)

    • Automation & Orchestration

      • Installation and dashboard integration is WIP

    • CSI

      • No resize PR yet

    • File share

      • e2e testing

        • Manual testing done with dashboard and postman API.

        • WIP - auto testing

      • Manila driver PR not submitted yet

    • Anomaly detection

      • Data Generator is done.  Need integration testing and documentation.

    • Telemetry

      • Installation and dashboard integration is WIP

      • Need documentation.

    • Action Item for Leon: Check with legal on copyright issue

  • Demo preparation for KubeCon Shanghai

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions



Thanks,
Xing


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 2:55 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: June 13, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or June 14, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - June 13, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri RC2 is cut.

  • Development status

    • NVMeoF - There are problems testing RDMA in container environment so it is not ready yet. Submitted PR to support TCP/IP and will use that for demo.

    • Fujitsu driver - Review is complete. Will submit the driver on 6/27.

    • Thin OpenSDS - not ready to be merged in Capri. Consider whether we should make it an experimental feature in a different branch.

    • Object lifecycle:

      • Restore object API and HEAD API PRs are review in progress.  

      • Design doc needs an update on GCP and IBM object store

        • Need feedback from IBM engineer on whether migration between storage tiers in the same cloud is supported on IBM cloud.

        • GCP upload limitation: 1GB

        • GCP only support Standard Storage Class

    • Helm install with Ceph PR still not merged.

    • Orchestration & automation: installation is WIP.

    • CSI: Fileshare CSI support PR submitted.

    • Fileshare code complete.  End-to-end test WIP. Manila driver merged.

    • Telemetry

      • Volume level metrics for Ceph PR merged (only capacity)

      • Dashboard and installer integration is WIP

      • Naju will put together a doc on how to test Telemetry using LVM.

    • Anomaly detection

      • Need to implement Generate alert.

      • Other planned features are merged.

  • Demo preparation for KubeCon Shanghai

  • Design reviews

    • [Click2Cloud] Did a high level overview of replication for Ceph design.

      • Action Item: Review replication driver interfaces and see whether they can be implemented for Ceph.

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html


Thanks,
Xing


On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 11:27 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: June 13, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or June 14, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing