Date   
OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting time: Thursday April 5 at 5-6 PM PT or 8-9 PM ET (Friday April 6 at 12:00am-1:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Agenda is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - April 5, 2018

Xing Yang
 


Hi everyone,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting:

Agenda/Notes:






Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder - April 10, 2018

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,


Just a reminder that we will have the technical meeting today.


Meeting date/time: 

April 10, 2018 Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC).  


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting Agenda is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE


Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda.


Thanks,

Xing


OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - April 10, 2018

Xing Yang <xing.yang@...>
 

Hi everyone,

 

Here are the meeting minutes from today's meeting.

 

1. Leon gave a demo on Helm charts.  Right now it installs Hotpot.  Next should look into adding Sushi installation into the Helm charts.

 

2. Reddy gave an update on NVMeoF design.  Good progress on the design.  Looking for a developer to implement it.

Development will be 3 phases:

 

Phase 1: A kernel target and initiator driver for Aruba.

Will convert an existing driver written in Go for K8S to a driver for OpenSDS.

 

Phase 2: Add smartness to the driver. Figure out where to create volume when you have a pool of storage targets.

Need to do discovery.  Need to be Swordfish compatible.

 

Phase 3: Use the user mode initiator.

 

Limitations:

- No extend volume

- No snapshot

 

Will consider adding replication support in Bali.

 

Reddy asked Jay if Lenovo customers would be interested in this feature.  Jay will check and get back to him.

 

Design should be ready for review in the next Technical meeting.

 

 

Thanks,

Xing

 

 

From: opensds-tech-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:opensds-tech-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Xing Yang
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 5:23 AM
To: opensds-tech-discuss@...
Subject: [Opensds-tech-discuss] OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder - April 10, 2018

 

Hi everyone,

 

Just a reminder that we will have the technical meeting today.

 

Meeting date/time: 

April 10, 2018 Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC).  

 

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

 

Meeting Agenda is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE

 

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda.

 

Thanks,

Xing

 

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting time: Thursday April 19 at 5-6 PM PT or 8-9 PM ET (Friday April 20 at 12:00am-1:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Agenda is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - April 19th, 2018

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Here are the meeting minutes for Thursday's Technical Meeting:

  • Discussed about service broker (sig-catalog) integration with OpenSDS. Will go through design reviews in a future meeting.

  • Discussed about what can be supported by thin OpenSDS. Since this is based on CSI support, only functions supported by CSI will be supported in this option. Also discussed about possible ways to deploy thin OpenSDS. Need to do more investigation on this.


Thanks,
Xing





On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 10:44 AM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting time: Thursday April 19 at 5-6 PM PT or 8-9 PM ET (Friday April 20 at 12:00am-1:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Agenda is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing


OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Date: April 24, 2018

It is held bi-weekly at 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT and 12:00pm-1:00pm ET) on Tuesdays.

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Agenda is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - April 24, 2018

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Here are the minutes for today's meeting:

Agenda/Notes:

  • [Leon Wang] Ansible deployment: standalone scenario and csi integration scenario

    • opensds-installer repo is created for production level deployment tools

    • Leon did a demo on using Ansible script to deploy standalone OpenSDS and using osdscli to test the deployment.

    • Leon also did a demo on using Ansible script to deploy OpenSDS CSI integration.  This demo ran into issues. Will investigate and fix the issues before submitting the PR.

  • Revisit and resolve issues in this design spec: https://github.com/opensds/design-specs/pull/6

    • Leon will update the spec to specify that the current PR will handle capacity in the scheduler in a simple way without differentiating between thin/thick and the issues regarding thin provisioning and oversubscription will be addressed in the future.

  • Replication implementation status:

    • Jerry has finished implementing array-based replication and also finished coding for the DR controller that supports host-based replication.

    • Roland is implementing host-based replication driver for DRBD and has made good progress.

    • Jerry will add info regarding host name to replication driver data after the volume is attached for host-based replication so Roland can use it for the DRBD driver.

  • PR’s for review: Cinder compatible API: https://github.com/opensds/design-specs/pull/9/

    • Pengyi will add more details on what parameters are supported/unsupported by OpenSDS in Cinder APIs.

  • Code in the “replication” branch will be merged to “development” branch, and will be merged to Master after testing.

  • Project tracking:




Thanks,
Xing



On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 10:44 AM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Date: April 24, 2018

It is held bi-weekly at 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT and 12:00pm-1:00pm ET) on Tuesdays.

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Agenda is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing


OpenSDS Technical Meeting Canceled Next Week

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Meeting on May 3, 2018 is canceled due to CloudNativeCon/KubeCon in Copenhagen.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

We'll have the technical meeting today.

May 8, 2018

Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC).  

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Agenda is here:
Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 8, 2018

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Here are the meeting minutes for today:

Agenda/Notes:

Thanks,
Xing



On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

We'll have the technical meeting today.

May 8, 2018

Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC).  

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Agenda is here:
Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: May 17, 2018 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 18 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Agenda is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

Invitation: OpenSDS Technical Meeting @ Every 2 weeks from 9pm to 10pm on Thursday (EDT) (opensds-tech-discuss@lists.opensds.io)

Xing Yang
 

OpenSDS Technical Meeting

When
Every 2 weeks from 9pm to 10pm on Thursday Eastern Time
Where
https://zoom.us/j/229373941 (map)
Calendar
opensds-tech-discuss@...
Who
Xing Yang - organizer
opensds-tech-discuss@...

Hi everyone,


At KubeCon, we discussed about moving this meeting time one hour later from 5-6pm to 6-7pm PT.  I'm also using opensds-tech-discuss@... to send meeting invite now.  Here's the modified meeting invite:

OpenSDS Technical Meeting runs bi-weekly at 1:00am-2:00am UTC on Friday (6:00pm-7:00pm PT and 9:00pm-10:00pm ET on Thursday).  There is another bi-weekly meeting time in the following meeting agenda doc.

Meeting agenda/notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit#

You are invited to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +19294362866,,229373941# or +16699006833,,229373941#
Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
        US: +1 929 436 2866 or +1 669 900 6833
    Meeting ID: 229 373 941
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=EmSOPW-MuR28ObskLgsg0wyP16LyBRzp

Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account opensds-tech-discuss@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.

Re: Invitation: OpenSDS Technical Meeting @ Every 2 weeks from 9pm to 10pm on Thursday (EDT) (opensds-tech-discuss@lists.opensds.io)

Jay Bryant <jsbryant@...>
 

I have the boys tonight and can't join. 

Sorry. 


On Thu, May 17, 2018, 3:08 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:

OpenSDS Technical Meeting

When
Every 2 weeks from 9pm to 10pm on Thursday Eastern Time
Where
Calendar
Who
Xing Yang - organizer

Hi everyone,


At KubeCon, we discussed about moving this meeting time one hour later from 5-6pm to 6-7pm PT.  I'm also using opensds-tech-discuss@... to send meeting invite now.  Here's the modified meeting invite:

OpenSDS Technical Meeting runs bi-weekly at 1:00am-2:00am UTC on Friday (6:00pm-7:00pm PT and 9:00pm-10:00pm ET on Thursday).  There is another bi-weekly meeting time in the following meeting agenda doc.

Meeting agenda/notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit#

You are invited to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +19294362866,,229373941# or +16699006833,,229373941#
Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
        US: +1 929 436 2866 or +1 669 900 6833
    Meeting ID: 229 373 941
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=EmSOPW-MuR28ObskLgsg0wyP16LyBRzp

Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account opensds-tech-discuss@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.

_______________________________________________
Opensds-tech-discuss mailing list
Opensds-tech-discuss@...
https://lists.opensds.io/mailman/listinfo/opensds-tech-discuss

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 17th, 2018

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Here are the minutes for the meeting on May 17th:


Agenda/Notes:


Some of us will be attending the OpenStack Summit in Vancouver next week, so next week's meeting will be canceled.  We will resume the meeting on May 31st.

Thanks,
Xing



On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 1:30 PM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: May 17, 2018 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 18 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Agenda is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing


OpenSDS Technical Meeting Canceled Today

Xing Yang
 

Just a reminder that today's meeting is canceled because some of us are at the OpenStack Summit in Vancouver.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: May 31, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (June 1, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Agenda is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.


Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 31, 2018

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Here are the meeting minutes for today's meeting:

Agenda/Notes:

Two issues reported by Roland:

This issue was already fixed by Jerry:

https://github.com/opensds/opensds/pull/421

    • Jerry is working on replication testing with CSI plugin. He showed us how it works.  Good progress on coding. More testing is needed on the Dorado setup.

    • Xiaoyan from Intel is working on Create Volume from Snapshot. Plan to submit PR by the end of next week.

    • PengYi is working on Installation with Keystone and Dashboard. Should be ready early next week.

      • Kei said he would like to test it when it is ready.

    • Haibo has completed FC Connector work.


Thanks,
Xing



On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:24 PM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: May 31, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (June 1, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Agenda is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.


Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

We'll have the technical meeting today.

June 5, 2018

Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC).  

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Agenda is here:
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - June 5, 2018

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Here are the meeting minutes for today's meeting:

Agenda/Notes:

  • Did project status tracking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eFZsYCqTW8-zc8K6IMFUVhmzrZQKpOeO8Br0cCraPlU/edit#

    • Create volume from snapshot PR submitted by Xiaoyan.  It’s being reviewed and we hope to get it merged this week.

    • Installer with keystone and dashboard works but there are still bugs that need to be fixed.

  • Talked a little bit about Cinder Lib as we are interested in using it for OpenStack integration.   It was discussed during Cinder IRC meeting last week. Cinder team had some concerns regarding it and will evaluate it further in the next IRC meeting.  Cinder Lib removes some layers such as volume controller and scheduler (compared to Cinder-stand-alone), but it still needs a sqllite db to persist data.  Also making it work for every Cinder driver will be a lot of effort.

  • Discussed about adding Aruba release info in ReadTheDocs.  Also discussed about having milestones for Bali release. Sean will send out a proposal for milestone and RC dates.


Thanks,
Xing



On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

We'll have the technical meeting today.

June 5, 2018

Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC).  

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Agenda is here:
Xing