Date
OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - August 28, 2018

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

Thanks,
Xing

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 10:34 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: August 28, 2018 Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: August 28, 2018 Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - August 23, 2018

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 10:05 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: August 23, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (August 24, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: August 23, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (August 24, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing_._,_._,_

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Cancellation

Xing Yang

Hi,

Just want to let you know that the meeting on August 14 is canceled.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - August 9, 2018

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's meeting.  Meeting minutes is here:

Agenda/Notes: (Please add items you want to discuss in the agenda and add your name next to it)

  • Reddy showed us the issues he ran into while testing OpenSDS and working on the NVMeoF driver

  • Leon discussed How to contribute a driver in OpenSDS

  • Discussed the need to refactor NBP

    • iSCSI code is everywhere.  Needs to be cleaned up.

    • NBP needs to be refactored to use connector in Hotpot repo

    • Right now the easiest way is still to submit a connector in nbp/driver folder for driver contributors if adding a new protocol (until we refactor to use connector currently in Hotpot repo)

    • Don’t use csi-common as it may go away

  • Open discussions

    • Do we need to publish cindercompatibleapi release file in next minor release? How about put it in Hotpot release files? (Leon)

Uploaded slides from Reddy for the Flash Memory Summit: https://github.com/opensds/presentations/tree/master/flash-memory-summit-2018

Thanks,
Xing

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 9:52 AM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: August 9, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (August 10, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: August 9, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (August 10, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - July 31, 2018

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting. Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

Thanks,
Xing

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 1:09 PM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Thanks Noel!  Nice work.

Xing

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 1:07 PM, Noel McLoughlin <noel.mcloughlin@...> wrote:
Folks,

My opensds-installer/salt slidedeck from todays tech meeting.
https://github.com/noelmcloughlin/shared/blob/master/opensds-installer-salt-status-july2018.pdf

best regards,
Noel

P.S.  "DAT" ( "Deployment Automation Tool") is just an acronym I made up.
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 1:31 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.
>
> Meeting Time: July 31, 2018 Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC)
>
> Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/777978108
>
> Agenda is here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.
>
> Thanks,
> Xing

Re: OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Thanks Noel!  Nice work.

Xing

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 1:07 PM, Noel McLoughlin <noel.mcloughlin@...> wrote:
Folks,

My opensds-installer/salt slidedeck from todays tech meeting.
https://github.com/noelmcloughlin/shared/blob/master/opensds-installer-salt-status-july2018.pdf

best regards,
Noel

P.S.  "DAT" ( "Deployment Automation Tool") is just an acronym I made up.
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 1:31 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.
>
> Meeting Time: July 31, 2018 Tuesday at 9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET (4:00pm-5:00pm UTC)
>
> Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/777978108
>
> Agenda is here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlxAAOtvZvvf_KhVr8XQa6mUD7lkHOXlxuGruTKEukE/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.
>
> Thanks,
> Xing

Re: OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Noel MacLochlainn

[...]

Re: Installer issues

Xing Yang

Hi Sean,

Thank you for filing a bug on this issue.  Installing from source repo is currently the default setting in the Ansible deployment tool.  At the time of the Aruba release, this was the most tested approach.  We didn't get enough time to test the other approaches such as install from a release because we kept fixing bugs until the very end.

We'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Xing

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 4:23 PM, Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis@...> wrote:
I have just filed an issue against the opensds-installer:

We are currently pulling down and building whatever is in the source repo, building locally, and installing as part of the ansible deployment. The default install for this should be to grab an official build to deploy with maybe an option to do a development deployment.

This is also a concern for what we have published as the v0.2.0 Aruba released installer. We are early in the Bali cycle, so there hasn't been anything merged to the master branch yet that will cause issues. But once we do, someone downloading the Aruba release installer and running it will actually end up with a development release of Bali, or later on with something entirely different that Aruba.

I would consider this a severity 1 issue for the installer that we should make sure to fix before Bali is released.

Sean

Installer issues

Sean McGinnis

[...]

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - July 26, 2018

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 11:55 AM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: July 26, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (July 27, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: July 26, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (July 27, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting cancellation

Xing Yang

Just a reminder that today’s meeting is canceled due to OSCon.

We’ll resume the meeting next week.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - July 12, 2018

Xing Yang

Thanks everyone for attending today's meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

Note: Meeting on July 17, 2018 will be canceled due to OSCon in Portland on July 16-20.

Thanks,
Xing

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 3:14 PM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: July 12, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (July 13, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we'll have the weekly technical meeting today.

Meeting Time: July 12, 2018 Thursday at 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (July 13, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Agenda is here:

Please add any items you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - July 3, 2018

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Here are the meeting minutes:

Aruba was just released!

The Aruba release adds the following functionality:

  • Array-based replication
  • Cinder compatible API
  • Containerized deployment
  • Controller API request filter
  • Create volume from snapshot
  • Dashboard UI interface
  • Extend volume support
  • Fibre channel protocol support
  • Host-based replication
  • Multi-tenancy support in the API
  • OpenStack Keystone authentication
  • Storage backend capabilities reporting
  • Storage pool capability reporting
  • Volume groups

See the following link for details: https://github.com/opensds/opensds/blob/development/docs/readthedocs/releases.rst

Thanks,
Xing

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

We will have the technical meeting today.

Meeting Date: July 3, 2018

Meeting Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT and 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Agenda is here:

Please add anything you want to discuss in the agenda.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder - July 3, 2018