Date   
OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 30, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 31, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

Re: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Hi guys,
 
We have an important and major topic to cover tomorrow: plan OpenSDS mini summit held together with KubeCon Shanghai in June, and decide speakers.
Please plan your time to attend or delegate a rep, thanks.
 
Regards.
--
Shane
-----Original Appointment-----
From:

Sent: None
To: Wang, Shane; 'opensds-tech-discuss@...'; 'Steven Tan'; Chenjing (Jim, SDS Controller)
Cc: Ren, Qiaowei; 'Allen Samuels'; Zhu, Vivian; Chagam, Anjaneya; 'Jay S. Bryant'; 'Rupal Shirpurkar'; Liu, Wenjie; Yang, Shixin; Faizan Ahmad; zhongx15@...
Subject: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting
When: Friday, May 24, 2019 9:00 AM-10:00 AM Asia/Shanghai.
Where: https://zoom.us/j/751476273
 
 
Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

Canceled: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 16, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thanks everyone for attending today's meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Please note that next week's meeting will be cancelled due to KubeCon.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Milestone-3 release is cut.

  • Development status

    • HPE Nimble driver is submitted

    • Fujitsu driver: Hiroki-san said driver implementation is complete. He is getting approval to submit the driver upstream. Need a couple of weeks.

      • Planned Capri GA date is mid June, a month away.  So please try to submit it as soon as possible,

    • NVMeoF CSI support: https://github.com/opensds/nbp/pull/215

      • Qiaowei: Please update the driver now that m-3 of hotpot is cut

      • Leon: Please follow up with Qiaowei

    • Thin OpenSDS:

    • Object lifecycle

      • Default storage tier PR and Put/Get/Delete API changes are merged

      • Dashboard integration is done

      • TODO: user defined storage tier and restore Glacier

    • Installer

    • Automation & Orchestration

    • File share

      • Access API, dock and controller for file share PRs are merged

      • NFS driver is code complete.  Need more testing. https://github.com/opensds/opensds/pull/741

      • CLI is done and review in progress

      • Dashboard integration is WIP

      • E2E testing and demo (WIP)

    • Telemetry

      • Many telemetry PRs have been merged, including APIs and controller changes.

      • Dashboard integration (WIP)

      • Installer (WIP)

    • Anomaly Detection

      • Read data from mysql database and run models is done

      • Data Parser is WIP

      • Prakash, Naju, and Jiajun have been working on collecting metrics and running models (WIP)

      • TODO: Data Generator

      • TODO: Installer

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html


Thanks,
Xing


On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:26 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 16, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 17, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 16, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 17, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 7, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri milestone 3 is this week.

  • Development update

    • Ceph Metrics driver

      • [Click2Cloud]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zD_jb2DEkuF2kp4WB-jWM01ex26fR6jN/view?usp=sharing

      • [Prakash] Issue and approach taken for CEPH metrics driver

      • Problem: The collect method in Ceph exporter cannot be used directly because it sends data directly to Prometheus. There’s “set” but no “get”.

      • Workaround: We need to write a method similar to collect in our Metrics driver for us to collect data.

      • Click2Cloud: target to complete by end of May.

    • [Click2Cloud] Thin OpenSDS: review in progress

    • [Click2Cloud] Helm install with Ceph: please check repo and rebase.

    • [Prakash/Naju] Telemetry: Post metrics PR will be updated soon. Will address volume instance ID issue and move to separate dock next.

    • [Shufang/Neelam] Object lifecycle: PRs being reviewed. Work done on default storage tiers and get/put APIs. Next work on user-defined storage tier and recovery API.

    • [Shruthi/Pravin] File share: PRs on file share and snapshot basic APIs are merged. PRs on profiles, etc. are in review.  PRs on access APIs and default NFS driver will be submitted soon.

    • [Xulin/Himanshu/Ashit] Automation & orchestration: Bucket migration workflow is done. Service listing and execution API is done. Provisioning workflow is partially done. PRs on service definition and other actions such as snapshot, extend are being reviewed.

    • [Anvith] Dashboard: integration and testing in progress

    • [Jiajun] Anomaly detection: Training/Prediction service for Gaussian and DBSCAN is done. Work on reading from mysql database next. Prakash/Naju will help with Data Generator and collect data from LVM metrics driver.

    • NVMeoF CSI support: PR submitted but depending on hotpot release to pass CI.

    • PRs need attention: Many PRs need to be reviewed.

  • Design discussions

    • [Click2Cloud] Interested in Block Storage migration. Will discuss in the next meeting.

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions


Thanks,
Xing




On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 12:10 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Canceled: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy
 

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - May 2, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.


Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri milestone 3: the week of 5/6/19 to 5/10/19. Feature code needs to be merged.

  • Design reviews

    • [Xulin/Ashit] Orchestration workflow - Ashit gave a demo on Migrate Bucket workflow. He showed the service registration yaml file for migrate bucket and provision volume. Currently it is not customizable. After m-3, he will work on customizing workflows.

  • Development status

    • [Click2Cloud] Ceph Metrics driver - Use existing Ceph exporter for Prometheus. Don’t rewrite the code.  Write a metrics driver that uses the Ceph exporter. Our installer will install the Ceph exporter with Prometheus. The requirement is the exporter must be running for our Metrics driver to get data.

    • [Click2Cloud] Thin OpenSDS - PR submitted and in review.

    • [Prakash/Naju] Telemetry - Prakash will submit a new PR on Post and CollectMetrics and close the existing one because parts of the PR have already been merged in other PRs. Remaining work: installer and end-to-end testing.

    • [Shufang/Neelam] Object lifecycle - Restore API for Glacier not planned by m-3. Code is done using Storage Class name now.  Tier will be added later. Dashboard code WIP.

    • [Shruthi/Pravin] File share - API code merged. NFS driver using LVM (volume group will be created manually now and automated as part of install later). Dashboard WIP.

    • [Xulin/Himanshu/Ashit] Automation & orchestration - PRs being reviewed. More testing.

    • [Jiajun] Anomaly detection - Jerry is working on separating code for training and prediction. Lots of work remaining. Prakash/Naju will help with Data Generator.

    • Dashboard - Anvith is trying to finish dashboard work. Because it is dependent on feature completion, it is hard to finish everything by m-3.

    • PRs need attention - Many PRs need to be reviewed and merged next week.

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html


Thanks,
Xing

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 9:18 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 2, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 3, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: May 2, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or May 3, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Re: OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Capri milestone 3: the week of 5/6/19 to 5/10/19. Feature code needs to be merged.

  • Development update

    • Hackathon updates - Click2Cloud held an OpenSDS Hackathon in response to the Open Source Hackathon in Shenzhen and worked on a number of issues/PRs.

    • Leon gave an update on Open Source Hackathon in Shenzhen: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/9th-opensource-hackathon-opensds

    • Use cases and Proposed Architecture for Ceph volume level replication is now open for comments and suggestions -Click2Cloud

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jBJt8lfR-GmXKxBkZHO-MULmPGEBQBiQEV3YJtR7e8g/edit?usp=sharing

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions


Thanks,
Xing


On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 4:53 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Canceled: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

We met last week at Hackathon, I would like to cancel it this week.
 

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - April 18, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thanks everyone for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Design reviews

    • [Leon] Leon discussed about the DNS resolution proposal in Hotpot and gave a demo. Once merged, it will impact other work in Hotpot, including Fileshare and Metrics work.  Please review the PRs and provide comments.

    • Fileshare design:

      • https://github.com/opensds/design-specs/pull/27

      • Hiroki-san has been reviewing the Fileshare design spec and found out that protocol is specified in both create file share request directly and in the profile. We will remove protocol from create file share and keep it only in the profile. Thanks!

    • Multi-attach design:

      • https://github.com/opensds/design-specs/pull/26

      • Haibo has question on whether multiAttach should be in profiles. It should be in profiles. Not every driver supports multiAttach. Having it in profiles allows scheduler to choose a backend that can support it. The current proposal adds it to customProperties. If anyone has other suggestions, please provide feedback in the PR.

    • Object Lifecycle management:

      • https://github.com/opensds/design-specs/pull/24

      • Discussed about the storage classes/tiers in Object Lifecycle management with Shufang. In Capri, we only support object so we know what object store backends are available. In the future when lifecycle management involves migrating from on-premise block/file storage to object store in the cloud, user will need to configure the storage tiers themselves. So we need to make storage tier configuration flexible for users.  Shufang has concerns about S3 compatibility if we use non-S3 storage class names. Will have follow up discussions later.

      • Kei has a question on whether OpenSDS has knowledge of the redundancy parameter in Azure Blob (user needs to configure the redundancy parameter in Azure Blob, while in AWS S3 there is a default redundancy of 3).  OpenSDS does not have knowledge of the redundancy parameter because users need to configure Azure Blob first and then register it with OpenSDS. OpenSDS stores metadata, but the real data is stored in Azure.

  • Development status

    • Simran from Click2Cloud said they are having a Hackathon in response to the Hackathon in Shenzhen, China.  Please add issues/PRs to the following etherpad.

    • 2019 China Open Source Hacking Conference is underway in Shenzhen. Here is the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/9th-opensource-hackathon-opensds. Please join by reporting issues, fixing bugs, and reviewing PRs...

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions


Thanks,
Xing


On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 8:19 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting.

Time: Apr. 18, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or Apr 19, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang
 

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting.

Time: Apr. 18, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or Apr 19, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)


Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - April 9, 2019

Xing Yang
 

Thank you for attending today's meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.


Agenda/Notes:

  • Click2Cloud has invited iSoftStone to join the meeting.  Welcome Ying! They will join the Open Source Hackathon in Shenzhen (open source projects covered by the event including OpenSDS): https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/OpenSource-Hackathon-9-Shenzhen

  • Click2cloud discussed CEPH Telemetry Metrics use-case - to store and retrieve metric from Prometheus.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VPPR8FJDnS8GGe2u_QwFWCAMqJYr735ND0loMI4PT3I/edit?usp=sharing

  • Focus on block first, using existing Ceph exporters

  • Prakash will add a note in Telemetry design doc that Ceph Metrics will be very specific to Ceph and we will preserve them

  • Investigating LVM metrics

  • For Cinder, we won’t have one metric driver for all backends.  A metrics driver, e.g. IBM metrics driver, can be developed for each Cinder storage backend.

  • Action Item for Leon: Share this doc with Qiaowei from Intel to get his feedback

  • Action item for Jay Bryant: review the doc and provide feedback

  • For others in the community who are interested in metrics for Ceph, please review the doc and provide feedback

  • Click2Cloud shared Use cases and Proposed Architecture for Ceph volume level replication.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jBJt8lfR-GmXKxBkZHO-MULmPGEBQBiQEV3YJtR7e8g/edit?usp=sharing

  • There are 3 replication configurations supported by Ceph.

  • Click2Cloud gave status update of Thin OpenSDS project

    • Started implementing Thin OpenSDS for Hotpot.

  • Click2Cloud will propose File Share for Cloud design and use case

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W2QN4Xq7e42Ej_4HDD_IwwG1e1nOR_WYBqVyKzbrJsY/edit?usp=sharing

  • Have not got time to discuss this. This has analysis on AWS file system API. A file share driver for AWS file system can be developed based on this.

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions

    • We are running out of time.  Leon’s topic on DNS resolution will be discussed in the next meeting


Thanks,
Xing


On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:15 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.


Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (9:00am-10:00am PT or 12:00pm-1:00pm ET)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108


Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

FW: Open Infrastructure Summit | Blog Calendar | First Story Published

shane.wang@...
 

Hello team,

 

The first of our stories of Open Source Hackathon just went live on Medium: https://medium.com/@opensourcevoices/open-source-hackathon-series-an-incubator-for-innovation-5752a3873a0. (see the attachment)

 

I strongly suggest you to read it and enroll the Hackathon this time for OpenSDS session at https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/OpenSource-Hackathon-9-Shenzhen.

 

Thanks.

--

Shane

Re: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...
 

Agenda:
  1. Open
  2. Hackathon registration
  3. user committee
  4. PR
  5. OSS China
 
Regards.
--
Shane
-----Original Appointment-----
From:

Sent: None
To: Wang, Shane; 'opensds-tech-discuss@...'; 'Steven Tan'; Chenjing (Jim, SDS Controller)
Cc: Ren, Qiaowei; 'Allen Samuels'; Zhu, Vivian; Chagam, Anjaneya; 'Jay S. Bryant'; 'Rupal Shirpurkar'; Liu, Wenjie; Yang, Shixin; Faizan Ahmad
Subject: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting
When: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 3:00 PM-4:00 PM Asia/Shanghai.
Where: https://zoom.us/j/751476273
 
 
Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.
 
I will post it to Wechat soon.
 
Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议
 
手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)
 
根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy