Sent: None
To: Wang, Shane; 'opensds-tech-discuss@...'; 'Steven Tan'; Chenjing (Jim, SDS Controller)
Cc: Ren, Qiaowei; 'Allen Samuels'; Zhu, Vivian; Chagam, Anjaneya; Jay S. Bryant; Rupal Shirpurkar; Liu, Wenjie; Yang, Shixin; Faizan Ahmad
Subject: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting
When: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:00 PM-4:00 PM Asia/Shanghai.
Where: https://zoom.us/j/751476273

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.

I will post it to Wechat soon.

Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议

手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)

根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Tuesday.

Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (8:00am-9:00am PT or 11:00am-12:00pm ET).

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - March 7, 2019

Xing Yang

Thank you for attending Thursday's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

Thanks,
Xing

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 8:57 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: Mar 7, 2019 Thursday 5:00pm-6:00pm PT or 8:00pm-9:00pm ET (or Mar 8, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing
Attachments area

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting tomorrow.

Time: Mar 7, 2019 Thursday 5:00pm-6:00pm PT or 8:00pm-9:00pm ET (or Mar 8, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing
Attachments area

Re: OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - Feb. 26th, 2019

Xing Yang

I need to re-send today's meeting minutes because some of the links in the previous email don't work.  Here they are again:

Agenda/Notes:

Ginkgo: https://github.com/onsi/ginkgo

Gomega: https://onsi.github.io/gomega/

  • Kubeedge Integration test for Reference :

Link: https://github.com/kubeedge/kubeedge/tree/master/edge/test/integration

Docs: https://github.com/kubeedge/kubeedge/tree/master/edge/test/integration/docs

https://github.com/Huawei-PaaS/ci-bot

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions

Thanks,
Xing

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 12:26 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

Ginkgo: https://github.com/onsi/ginkgo

Gomega: https://onsi.github.io/gomega/

  • Kubeedge Integration test for Reference :

Link: https://github.com/kubeedge/kubeedge/tree/master/edge/test/integration

Docs: https://github.com/kubeedge/kubeedge/tree/master/edge/test/integration/docs

https://github.com/Huawei-PaaS/ci-bot

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

  • Open discussions

Thanks,
Xing

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 9:12 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (8:00am-9:00am PT or 11:00am-12:00pm ET).

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Re: OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder - Feb. 26th, 2019

[...]

Meeting Minutes: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...

Agenda:

  1. Goals for 2019
We should call the community to be China&India community, since we have Click2Cloud joining today.
  • Now we probably have 4-5 vendors/customers for OpenSDS. We should invite more vendors and customers, set the goal to be 10.
Customers should be the one who can give requirements on the use scenarios.
  • China Telecom (??)
  • China Mobile (1 tester)
  • Intel (1.5)
  • Huawei
  • Need to ask China Unicom
  • Need to ask China UnionPay (Zu Lijun)
  • Click2Cloud (working with Huawei)
  • OpenSDS is expanding to Multi-Cloud management, such as migrating data from one cloud to another, JD.com might be interested in multi-cloud.
  • 2 meetups hosted in China in 2019
  • Number of presentations on LF, OSF, or CNCF or Ceph Foundation conferences, set the goal to 10
  • 1 OpenSDS adoption in customers (TBD, Shane needs to talk with Chen Jing)
  • Number of developers on github, let’s have more developers. (TBD)
  1. China language for the OpenSDS website. (TBD)
  2. OpenSDS sessions in the 9th Open Source Hackathon
April 18-20, Shenzhen, 150 developers (Chen Jing & Ren Qiaowei)
  • Fix Bugs
  • Presentation
  • Hands-on Lab on public cloud
Simran would like to see more information about Hackathon, it is in planning stage, when call-for-developer advertisement is out, Shane will forward to the ML.

Interface for each company:
Click2Cloud – Simran
Intel – Shane
Huawei – Leon Wang, Chen Jing (TBD)

Regards.
--
Shane
When: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:00 PM-4:00 PM Asia/Shanghai.
Where: https://zoom.us/j/751476273

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.

I will post it to Wechat soon.

Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议

手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)

根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - February 21, 2019

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 9:42 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

Time: Feb 21, 2018 Thursday 5:00pm-6:00pm PT or 8:00pm-9:00pm ET (or Feb 22, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

Time: Feb 21, 2018 Thursday 5:00pm-6:00pm PT or 8:00pm-9:00pm ET (or Feb 22, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

Re: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...

Hello, OpenSDS member in China,

After a while, I will switch to this mailing list for our future discussion to avoid noise to the global mailing list.

Thanks.
--
Shane
When: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:00 PM-4:00 PM Asia/Shanghai.
Where: https://zoom.us/j/751476273

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.

I will post it to Wechat soon.

Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议

手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)

根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - Feb. 12th, 2019

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • [Sean] Quick update from Sean on SNIA event

    • Sean gave an update on the SNIA Annual Members' Symposium event he attended at the end of January. It is like a design summit.  There were interest from other vendors on how Swordfish API is implemented in OpenSDS.

    • https://www.snia.org/events/symp

  • Design reviews

    • [Pravin] Pravin shared his initial design on fileshare support based on Manila and also compared fileshare API in Swordfish and Manila.  Will investigate more on Swordfish fileshare support compared to Manila and identify gaps.

      • Share network is a concept in Manila tied with Neutron. It is not in Swordfish API. For default fileshare driver in OpenSDS, we can assume share network is already set up by the admin.

      • OpenSDS should not be dependent on OpenStack. We will write a southbound Manila driver to support Manila if OpenStack is involved.

      • OpenSDS file service should not be dependent on block service.

      • Manila also has share instances used for migration/replication. We don’t need them in OpenSDS.

      • Take a look of scheduler in Hotpot and try to use common parts. Maybe put common filters in a lib.

      • QoS will be part of profiles and similar to what we did in Hotpot.

      • We should have a policy engine that works for both block and file services.  Also take into consideration of the object service in multi-cloud.

  • Development issues

    • [Click2Cloud]:

      • GCP has different authentication mechanism than AWS and Azure. How to use common approach to authenticate when adding GCP as a multi-cloud backend?  Himanshu has experience with GCP from previous work. May need to use different APIs. Himanshu will investigate and work with Archana.

      • Findings: Ceph RBD Replication does not have volume level failover so we can’t add replication support for it in OpenSDS.

      • Multi-backend install PR is WIP. Will work on multi-dock/multi-node install next.

    • [Noel]:

      • Salt install script is being reviewed and getting close to be merged.

      • Will raise issues on Multi-backend and installation with existing Ceph and assign to himself.

      • Xing/Leon needs to give Noel permission to be assigned.

      • Question on using the same Keystone credentials when using Cinder stand-alone as backend. Will test and open issues in Cinder if there are issues and bring it to Jay’s attention.

  • Capri planning

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

Thanks,
Xing

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:46 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Feb. 12th.

Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (8:00am-9:00am PT or 11:00am-12:00pm ET).

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder - Feb. 12th, 2019

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on Feb. 12th.

Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (8:00am-9:00am PT or 11:00am-12:00pm ET).

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Planning Sheet for Capri

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

I have updated the Capri planning sheet with feedback from the Japan community meeting and assigned priority to the tasks.  Please take a look and let me know if you have any comments.  Also feel free to comment directly on the document.

Thanks,
Xing

Canceled: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...

Most of people are still on holiday.

Welcome people in China to join OpenSDS China Community Session.
We also welcome anyone who are interested in the meetings to join our meetings.

I will post it to Wechat soon.

Shane Wang邀请您参加预先安排的Zoom会议。
加入Zoom会议

手机一键拨号
+19294362866,,751476273# 美国
+16699006833,,751476273# 美国 (圣何塞)

根据您的位置拨号
+1 929 436 2866美国
+1 669 900 6833美国 (圣何塞)
会议ID751 476 273
查找本地号码:https://zoom.us/u/adQCeHxVPy

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - Feb. 7th, 2019

Xing Yang

Thank you for attending today's technical meeting. Here are the meeting minutes.

Agenda/Notes:

  • Design reviews

    • [Himanshu] Reviewed AK/SK Management design:

https://github.com/opensds/design-specs/pull/18

https://releases.opensds.io/capri/index.html

    • Capri milestone-1 will be released soon.

  • Open discussions

    • Pravin has a draft design for file share support. Will write a native generic driver for testing. Will review design in the next Tuesday’s meeting

Thanks,
Xing

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:10 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

Time: Feb 7, 2018 Thursday 5:00pm-6:00pm PT or 8:00pm-9:00pm ET (or Feb 8, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

Time: Feb 7, 2018 Thursday 5:00pm-6:00pm PT or 8:00pm-9:00pm ET (or Feb 8, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - Jan. 29th 2019

Xing Yang

Thank you for attending Tuesday's meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

Thanks,
Xing

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 1:56 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on January 29th.

Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (8:00am-9:00am PT or 11:00am-12:00pm ET).

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder

Xing Yang

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting on January 29th.

Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm UTC (8:00am-9:00am PT or 11:00am-12:00pm ET).

Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/777978108

Meeting agenda is here:

Please add any item you want to discuss in the agenda doc.

Thanks,
Xing

OpenSDS Technical Meeting Minutes - Jan 24, 2019

Xing Yang

Thanks everyone for attending today's technical meeting.  Here are the meeting minutes:

Agenda/Notes:

Thanks,
Xing

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:06 AM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we will have the OpenSDS Technical meeting today.

Time: Jan 24, 2019 Thursday 5:00pm-6:00pm PT or 8:00pm-9:00pm ET (or Jan 25, 2018 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)