Topics

Meeting Minutes: OpenSDS China Community Biweekly Meeting

shane.wang@...

Agenda:

  1. Goals for 2019
We should call the community to be China&India community, since we have Click2Cloud joining today.
  • Now we probably have 4-5 vendors/customers for OpenSDS. We should invite more vendors and customers, set the goal to be 10.
Customers should be the one who can give requirements on the use scenarios.
  • China Telecom (??)
  • China Mobile (1 tester)
  • Intel (1.5)
  • Huawei
  • Need to ask China Unicom
  • Need to ask China UnionPay (Zu Lijun)
  • Click2Cloud (working with Huawei)
  • OpenSDS is expanding to Multi-Cloud management, such as migrating data from one cloud to another, JD.com might be interested in multi-cloud.
  • 2 meetups hosted in China in 2019
  • Number of presentations on LF, OSF, or CNCF or Ceph Foundation conferences, set the goal to 10
  • 1 OpenSDS adoption in customers (TBD, Shane needs to talk with Chen Jing)
  • Number of developers on github, let’s have more developers. (TBD)
  1. China language for the OpenSDS website. (TBD)
  2. OpenSDS sessions in the 9th Open Source Hackathon
April 18-20, Shenzhen, 150 developers (Chen Jing & Ren Qiaowei)
  • Fix Bugs
  • Presentation
  • Hands-on Lab on public cloud
Simran would like to see more information about Hackathon, it is in planning stage, when call-for-developer advertisement is out, Shane will forward to the ML.

Interface for each company:
Click2Cloud – Simran
Intel – Shane
Huawei – Leon Wang, Chen Jing (TBD)