Date
Re: OpenSDS is getting a new name! Please vote your suggestions!

Xing Yang

Hi George,

We updated our web site recently to reflect the project direction: https://www.opensds.io/

What is OpenSDS?

An open source community working under The Linux Foundation to address storage integration challenges in scale-out cloud native environments. Its vision is to connect siloed data solutions to build a self governed and intelligent data platform.

To align with this vision of "self governed and intelligent data platform", we have "Open Data Autonomy" in the proposed new names.

Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,
Xing

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 9:30 AM Ericson, George <George.Ericson@...> wrote:
Before settling on a name, is are there goals/aspirations of the group going forward.

OpenSDS is getting a new identity. We need your valuable suggestions!

Please vote to select a new name:

Please do it by 8th April.

Thank you for your support.

Re: OpenSDS is getting a new name! Please vote your suggestions!

alfredo.deluca@...

Same here. Same error

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 3:58 AM Sanil Kumar <opensds+owner@...> wrote:
Dear Friends,
OpenSDS is getting a new identity. We need your valuable suggestions!
Please vote to select a new name:

Please do it by 8th April.
Thank you for your support.

--
Alfredo

FW: Open Infrastructure Summit | Blog Calendar | First Story Published

shane.wang@...

Hello team,

The first of our stories of Open Source Hackathon just went live on Medium: https://medium.com/@opensourcevoices/open-source-hackathon-series-an-incubator-for-innovation-5752a3873a0. (see the attachment)

I strongly suggest you to read it and enroll the Hackathon this time for OpenSDS session at https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/OpenSource-Hackathon-9-Shenzhen.

Thanks.

--

Shane

Open Data Autonomy Mini Summit at KubeCon Europe 2019 Schedule is live!

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
As you know OpenSDS hosted Mini Summit - Open Data Autonomy at KubeCon EU 2019 is happening as a colocated event on 20th May, 2019 in Barcelona, Spain.
Our Agenda is live. Please get the details here.

The day will be a mix of technical sessions, end user case studies, interactive workshops, demos and roadmap discussions.
Take back learning on data management challenges, solutions and how to collaborate. Great opportunity for networking.
Win interesting goodies and of course enjoy food and beverages through the day!

Please promote in your channels and encourage more participants to join our Mini Summit.
What's more, we're also giving away free passes. Check it out here!
Thank you!
Team OpenSDS.

Free passes!! Open Data Autonomy Mini Summit at KubeCon Europe 2019

Sanil Kumar

Please join experts from CNCF, Google, Intel, Huawei, SNIA, Yahoo!Japan, NTT Communications, Vodafone, SPC, QuoByte, LINBIT, Click2Cloud and more at Open Data Autonomy Mini Summit at KubeCon Europe 2019 on 20th May, 2019.

Technical sessions, end-user case studies, interactive workshops, demos and roadmap discussions.

Take back learning on data management challenges, solutions and how to collaborate. Great opportunity for networking.

Win interesting goodies and of course enjoy food and beverages through the day!

Event details : https://www.opensds.io/mini-summit-kubecon-eu-2019

Please share in your networks!
Thank You.
Team OpenSDS

CNCF Survey : Storage projects and OpenSDS

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
CNCF latest survey is online.

1.  The list has OpenSDS usage as well under storage projects. (Project as a part of their landscape)
If you are taking the feedback, please provide the specific comments and updates based on the usage for OpenSDS. Also please share with our partnering / meetup community, so as to get more positive evaluation feedback for our project.

2. The storage projects section gives an overall idea on other storage projects around which can help us in providing pointers.
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

[Meeting Minutes] OpenSDS Technical Meeting - October 22 UTC 1PM

Sanil Kumar

Dear Friends,
Thank you for joining the technical meeting on Tuesday.
Please find the meeting updates:
1. Discussed on hotpot API refactoring
  • Data Provisioning API changes and review
  • Offline review inviated (details in the Tech Meeting sheet below) - Please support to review
2.  How to Debug Docker API container for Multicloud using delve
  • Video and Blog links in the agenda sheet below.
OpenSDS Tech Meeting Sheet : http://bit.ly/opensdstechmeeting

-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

[OpenSDS Technical Meeting Reminder] November 1, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC - Zoom ID : 229373941

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Please join the technical community meeting on:

October 31, 2019 Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm PT or 9:00pm-10:00pm ET (or November 1, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)

Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/229373941

Agenda : http://bit.ly/opensdstechmeeting

(Please feel free to add comments)

-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

Survey for Change in Time for SODA Global Community Meeting

Sanil Kumar

Google Forms
Having trouble viewing or submitting this form?
Fill out in Google Forms
If you are facing any issues in filling the form in the mail. Please click the link to fill it. http://bit.ly/ChangeTimeSODAGlobalMeeting
Survey for Change in Time for SODA Global Community Meeting
Dear All,
This survey is to reconfirm a convenient time for our global community meeting. We are making it Biweekly and trying to get a single suitable time. In this process, some regions may fall in slightly odd time window for the meeting. We are trying our best to get a good time for all. Please share your inputs and let us decide based on your inputs.
Thanks a lot.
Team SODA.
    Email address *
    Please select all convenient time slots from below (https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ get your local time) *
    • 6:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) Monday
    • 6:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) Tueday
    • 6:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) Wednesday
    • 6:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) Thursday
    • 7:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) Monday
    • 7:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) Tuesday
    • 7:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) Wednesday
    • 7:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) Thursday
    • None of these suitable for me
    If you selected 'None of these suitable for me', please add time and day suitable for you here.
Create your own Google Form

Meeting is cancelled - [OpenSDS Technical Meeting Invitation] Tuesday Biweekly 1pm to 2pm UTC

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
We are cancelling today's OpenSDS community meeting.
We are planning to make this as 'SODA Global Community Meeting" as a bi-weekly meeting. However, we need all your inputs to confirm it.
I have sent a survey to all of you. Please fill it and support. Accordingly we will reconfirm the meeting time.
Thank you so much.

-

From: Zoom <no-reply@...>
Date: Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 5:24 PM
To: <skdsanil@...>

Hi Sanil Kumar,
OpenSDS Project (opensds1@...) canceled the meeting below.
Meeting Topic: [OpenSDS Technical Meeting Invitation] Tuesday Biweekly 1pm to 2pm UTC
Meeting ID: 777 978 108
Meeting Time: Nov 19, 2019 01:00 PM Universal Time UTC
Dec 3, 2019 01:00 PM Universal Time UTC
Dec 17, 2019 01:00 PM Universal Time UTC
Dec 31, 2019 01:00 PM Universal Time UTC
Copyright ©2019 Zoom Video Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.

Reminder : Survey for Change in Time for SODA Global Community Meeting

Sanil Kumar

Google Forms
Please suggest a suitable for the Global Community Meeting
Survey for Change in Time for SODA Global Community Meeting
Dear All,
This survey is to reconfirm a convenient time for SODA Global Community Meeting (currently called OpenSDS technical meeting ). We are making it Bi-weekly and trying to get a single suitable time. In this process, some regions may fall in slightly odd time window for the meeting. We are trying our best to get a good time for all. Please share your inputs and let us decide based on your inputs.
Thanks a lot.
Team SODA.
Fill out form
Create your own Google Form

[Meeting Reminder] OpenSDS Technical Meeting November 29, Friday 1am to 2am UTC - Zoom : 229373941

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Please join OpenSDS Technical Meeting.
November 29, Friday Biweekly 1am to 2am UTC
Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting agenda is here:http://bit.ly/opensdstechmeeting
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

[Meeting Notes] OpenSDS Technical Meeting November 29, Friday

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Thank you very much for joining today's meeting.
Please find the key updates:
1. South Bound Drivers : NetApp support initiated ; Planning to consider other vendors supported.
Help Needed : Real Storage Env for testing
2. Host API : Review fixes and updates
3. MultiCloud : Some features we have risk for RC2 release. Will make the plan clear by 02Dec2019 for Daito and Risk mitigation.
Help Needed: Feature dev support and testing

Overall Help Needed : a) PR Review/comments b) RC testing and providing issues early.

Have a nice weekend!
-

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 5:42 PM Sanil Kumar <skdsanil@...> wrote:
Dear All,
Please join OpenSDS Technical Meeting.
November 29, Friday Biweekly 1am to 2am UTC
Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting agenda is here:http://bit.ly/opensdstechmeeting
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

Reminder : OpenSDS Technical Meeting

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
OpenSDS Technical Meeting , Please join
Meeting will be on Dec 13, 2019 Friday 1:00am-2:00am UTC)
Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/229373941
Agenda : http://bit.ly/opensdstechmeeting
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

Meeting Notes : OpenSDS Technical Meeting 13 Dec 2019

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for joining the meeting today.
Please find the detailed meeting updates at http://bit.ly/opensdstechmeeting

Key Points:
1. South Bound Drivers: Basic NetApp and IBM Drivers integration in progress. [Help Needed: Anyone with Real backend storage setup, we need help to test in real env. Currently trying with simulators]

[Help Needed: Please help to test the release and improve the quality]

-