Topics

OpenSDS is getting a new name! Please vote your suggestions!

Sanil Kumar

Dear Friends,
OpenSDS is getting a new identity. We need your valuable suggestions!
Please vote to select a new name:

Please do it by 8th April.
Thank you for your support.

shane.wang@...

I received the following error:

I suggest not to ask users to make a choice on the name expansion after they choose the other abbreviation.

Regards.

--

Shane

OpenSDS is getting a new identity. We need your valuable suggestions!

Please vote to select a new name:

Please do it by 8th April.

Thank you for your support.

Xing Yang

I got that error too until I chose an expanded name.  I also think we should not require user to choose the expanded name.  We can have another survey on the expanded name after we've made a choice between SODA and YODA.

Thanks,
Xing

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 12:54 AM <shane.wang@...> wrote:

I received the following error:

I suggest not to ask users to make a choice on the name expansion after they choose the other abbreviation.

Regards.

--

Shane

OpenSDS is getting a new identity. We need your valuable suggestions!

Please vote to select a new name:

Please do it by 8th April.

Thank you for your support.

Ericson, George

Before settling on a name, is are there goals/aspirations of the group going forward.

OpenSDS is getting a new identity. We need your valuable suggestions!

Please vote to select a new name:

Please do it by 8th April.

Thank you for your support.

Xing Yang

Hi George,

We updated our web site recently to reflect the project direction: https://www.opensds.io/

What is OpenSDS?

An open source community working under The Linux Foundation to address storage integration challenges in scale-out cloud native environments. Its vision is to connect siloed data solutions to build a self governed and intelligent data platform.

To align with this vision of "self governed and intelligent data platform", we have "Open Data Autonomy" in the proposed new names.

Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,
Xing

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 9:30 AM Ericson, George <George.Ericson@...> wrote:
Before settling on a name, is are there goals/aspirations of the group going forward.

OpenSDS is getting a new identity. We need your valuable suggestions!

Please vote to select a new name:

Please do it by 8th April.

Thank you for your support.

alfredo.deluca@...